guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Get a couple xgrip sleeves sober.
G2619_zps1aec6a83.jpg
I have one, but I quit using it once I bought a couple of factory 12 round magazines with the grip extensions for my G26. The problem with the sleeve is that once you install it you cant use that magazine in a G19 because the sleeve gets in the way. 12+1 rounds is plenty for a concealed carry gun, so now I keep my G19 mags in the safe next to the gun they were meant for. If the zombies come I can still use those mags in my 26 without the sleeve and I wont be worried about how they look.

wayfair

swollen member
I have one, but I quit using it once I bought a couple of factory 12 round magazines with the grip extensions for my G26. The problem with the sleeve is that once you install it you cant use that magazine in a G19 because the sleeve gets in the way. 12+1 rounds is plenty for a concealed carry gun, so now I keep my G19 mags in the safe next to the gun they were meant for. If the zombies come I can still use those mags in my 26 without the sleeve and I wont be worried about how they look.

I just buy extra mags. I bought the pierce extensions for the 3 that came with the pistol. Then bought a couple of xgrips and a couple of g19 mags as well!

soberups

I just buy extra mags. I bought the pierce extensions for the 3 that came with the pistol. Then bought a couple of xgrips and a couple of g19 mags as well!
Do the Xgrips just snap on, or do you have to permanently attach them to the magazine? The kind I bought attached to the magazine with a little allen screw. Once I got a Glock 19, I didn't want to have a G19 magazine that wouldn't work in it, so I ditched the shroud and got 12 rounders for my G26 and I keep the magazines separate.

wayfair

swollen member
Do the Xgrips just snap on, or do you have to permanently attach them to the magazine? The kind I bought attached to the magazine with a little allen screw. Once I got a Glock 19, I didn't want to have a G19 magazine that wouldn't work in it, so I ditched the shroud and got 12 rounders for my G26 and I keep the magazines separate.
They slide on and off, super easy !!!

soberups

Ha. Looking to purchase a 9mm handgun in the near future, $600 price range or less. For home defense, occasional target shooting. Any recommendations?
Whatever you do, don't buy a Taurus. Your $600 price range can easily get you into a Glock 19 or a Springfield XD series. I'm biased towards Glocks myself. They are well made and will pretty much run forever, and if you ever decide to sell it you wont have any problems finding a buyer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Always check with your local laws before purchasing any firearm .

I brought up the Judge/Governor idea to give the OP an option of having a revolver ( which he/she wanted now ) and a shotgun ( she/he planned on buying later ) . The .410 makes noise , but the .45 finishes the job .

soberups

Always check with your local laws before purchasing any firearm .

I brought up the Judge/Governor idea to give the OP an option of having a revolver ( which he/she wanted now ) and a shotgun ( she/he planned on buying later ) . The .410 makes noise , but the .45 finishes the job .
So does a conventional .357 magnum, without the size and weight penalty imposed by the Judge. In order to chamber 3" .410 shotshells, the Judge has to have a ridiculously long cylinder, along with a barrel that is far shorter than it would otherwise be in a gun of that size. In addition, it only holds 5 rounds versus 6 and you cant use speed loaders with it. Yes the .45 Colt will also work in the Judge and it is an acceptable choice for self defense, but it is also a semi-obsolete caliber with ammo that is not widely available in stores. .357 and .38 special ammo are available anywhere.

oldngray

nowhere special
The Judge is nice but more of an oddball niche market gun. It wouldn't be my first choice as a self defense weapon. Taurus guns are generally well made but totally different from Glocks. There are literally hundreds of good 9mm pistols to choose from so it would be best for you to try out a few to see what fits you best. I have smaller hands so some of the really big double stack pistols aren't comfortable for me. One I do like and is my personal favorite is the EAA Witness which is based on the CZ-75 platform. For a concealed carry gun I would choose something smaller but again there are many guns to choose from.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...round-check-bought-gun-used-in-mass-shooting/

On October 24, Breitbart News reported that 15-year-old Jaylen Fryberg shot four fellow students at Marysville-Pilchuck High School with a handgun — then turned the weapon on himself, taking his own life.
On October 27, Breitbart News fought back against those pushing more gun control in the wake of the shooting by explaining that Fryberg got the handgun from his father, who passed a background check to purchase it.
Now prosecutors have revealed that Jaylen’s father, Raymond Lee Fryberg, only passed a background check because he lied on the forms. In reality, he was barred from gun possession due to a 2002 “permanent protection order” issued against him.

Overpaid Union Thug

Glock is about 10 years late to the party with this gun.

If I need something smaller and lighter than my G26 to carry, I have a Ruger LCR airweight .38 snubnose revolver that makes a great pocket gun.
My pistol (by the ATF's own definition) fires 5.56/.223 caliber rounds and has an 11.5 inch barrel with a 1/7 twist rate. And the overall length of the "pistol" is just under 26 inches. ;)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Sorry, but the .410 is barely adequate for defense when fired from a shotgun. Coming out of a Judge it is practically worthless. The rifled barrel causes too much pattern dispersal at close range and the ballistics are pathetic. The Judge, and its S&W copy the Governor, are gimmicks. A good .357 or +P 38 Special revolver is a far better choice for personal or home defense.
There are some 410 load made specifically for the Judge.