guns

wkmac

12507353_10156476974390515_6013641836581721115_n.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
I haven't heard much of anything after Texas became an "open carry" state the first of the year. It must not be a big issue. The only thing I heard when I was down there over Christmas was that the law enforcement was concerned that they would be over ran with 911 calls about someone walking around with a gun.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My son open carried in Walmart Jan 1, and nobody said a word to him. He was in a home depot last year and reached for something above his head. His concealed pistol on his waist showed for just a second when his shirt hiked up. An older gentleman started screaming at him for having a weapon. Even followed him out to his truck, still hollering. Personally, there is no way I'd open carry, period. I surely don't want the bad guys to know I'm armed.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lets see, the community is asking you not to carry, they feel safer without them, but you feel safer with a gun.

Again, who is afraid?

TOS.
It was my gun class instructor who said not to advertise that I have a gun ; no bumper stickers , wearing t-shirts proclaiming gun rights, etc .
Why should I give up my biggest asset , surprise .

The LEO community has endorsed my right to self protection ; background checks and they signed off on the approval that I'm qualified to have a license to carry a firearm .

I am knowledgeable of the laws in my state , most of the general public is not . That is why I don't advertise .

rod

Retired 23 years

My friends (I admit I was too chicken) did this a dozen times or so. The kid in this video must not have had a very powerful BB gun because the Daisy pump we used worked fine. We would stick the 12 gauge shell in the sand down at the lake. rest the muzzle of the BB gun on the back of the shell and pull the trigger. About all it did was blow up a big clump of sand. (and we lived to tell about it). I can't remember if the primer blew out like this guys did but for some reason I want to say it didn't.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Not only would I be OK with these losers never being allowed to own or carry a firearm, I would be OK with a law the said they couldn't be within 1000 feet of a firearm.

Think about that for a second.

I bet they would be fighting that gun control law, because each of them have secret service or private armed security around at all times, and that would mean that they would also have to be disarmed.