guns

brett636

Well, over, I am discounting the eyewitness because he/she waited an awful long time to show up and because Trayvon Martin is at a competitive disadvantage in telling his side of the story, being dead and all. That is why it was up to the local police at the scene to gather the evidence. Nothing I have seen or heard suggests that they handled this in a professional manner at all. Had this been handled correctly, the department could have wrapped this up long ago and come out and said self defense applies and here is why. Instead you have politicians getting out front saying it doesn't apply. Even you Over can smell this dead fish rotting in Florida.

From what I have read the witness has been here all along, but its one of those pesky facts the media doesn't want you to hear so they have been suppressing it until now. The grand jury will be hearing this witness's testimony, and it may come to light that Zimmerman did not commit a crime at all, but simply defended himself against this 17 year old wanna be street thug.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Black + habitually tardy = street thug? And you wonder why people think republicans are racist?

Conservatives today can't have ANY thought without someone screaming racist. I'm sick of it. If I have an opinion I am expressing it. If someone thinks it's racist then AMEN. I'm not walking on egg shells for anyone.

Some people hear 'racist' in the weather report. There's no change for them. The Sharptons and Jacksons of this world can't leave soon enough for me.

bbsam

Staff member
So is the correct equation habitually tardy = street thug? Did Trayvon have some long rap sheet I haven't heard about, cause brett simply referenced his school suspension and wk pointed out that the suspension was for tardiness. So how again is it brett gets to calling Trayvon a street thug? I may have jumped to conclusions.

bbsam

Staff member
Conservatives today can't have ANY thought without someone screaming racist. I'm sick of it. If I have an opinion I am expressing it. If someone thinks it's racist then AMEN. I'm not walking on egg shells for anyone.

Some people hear 'racist' in the weather report. There's no change for them. The Sharptons and Jacksons of this world can't leave soon enough for me.
Stop calling yourself a conservative. It's an insult to William friend. Buckley and Ronald Reagan.

over9five

Staff member
Brett may have used "thug", but the tardy suspension came from wkmac..........bb combined them
I thought Bbsam was attributing that to me, but I had had no idea why he was suspended.

And REALLY, I still don't. I certainly don't trust Momma's account of it being for tardiness. 5 days??? I just don't believe it. I suppose it could be if it was habitual, but once again we'd have to return to poor parenting. (which no-one seems to want to).

wkmac

I thought Bbsam was attributing that to me, but I had had no idea why he was suspended.

And REALLY, I still don't. I certainly don't trust Momma's account of it being for tardiness. 5 days??? I just don't believe it. I suppose it could be if it was habitual, but once again we'd have to return to poor parenting. (which no-one seems to want to).

But how do you account for bad kids coming from good parenting?

bbsam

Staff member
From what I have read the witness has been here all along, but its one of those pesky facts the media doesn't want you to hear so they have been suppressing it until now. The grand jury will be hearing this witness's testimony, and it may come to light that Zimmerman did not commit a crime at all, but simply defended himself against this 17 year old wanna be street thug.

And there it is. Right in the same thread and all. Again, where is the rap sheet beyond a school suspension?

over9five

Staff member
Yup, can definitely happen.

It's just HERE, we know the kid was on a 5 day suspension. And we know he was out wandering the streets. And we know (I do, at least) that good parents would have him grounded while he was suspended.
Gee, he gets a 5 day suspension and the parents still let him do whatever he wants. It's sad he lost his life, but not surprising he got himself in the situation.

Poor parenting.

over9five

Staff member
Got himself in the situation? Pending the investigation, we don't know that, do we?
If he had been grounded, like any good parent would have, it never would have happened.

Truthfully, if your son or daughter were suspended from school, would you allow them out at night or would they be grounded.

The parents at least share blame in this.

wkmac

Yup, can definitely happen.

It's just HERE, we know the kid was on a 5 day suspension. And we know he was out wandering the streets. And we know (I do, at least) that good parents would have him grounded while he was suspended.
Gee, he gets a 5 day suspension and the parents still let him do whatever he wants. It's sad he lost his life, but not surprising he got himself in the situation.

Poor parenting.

You might find this an interesting read in light of your comments quoted above.

Brett raised an interesting point about a media conspiracy and to his point and yours' about Martin's bad parents, why has the broader media not made the information reported above more widely known? And we're nearly a month later from the tragic event?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
And WTF are you so willing to jump on the bad wagon with the Sharptons and Jacksons of this world? You and TOS can't just wait til the investigation is over and let the professionals do their job. You want to play judge, jury and executioner.

My intuition tells me that Zimmerman did not set out that evening with the premeditated intent of killing a young kid for the crime of being black.

My intuition tells me that Zimmerman was a somewhat stupid and racially biased gung-ho wannabe cop with otherwise good intentions who displayed horribly poor judgement by choosing to get out of his car with a gun and place himself in harms way despite being instructed otherwise by the police dispatcher. Things went downhill from there, there was a struggle, and there are multiple and conflicting eyewitness reports as to what really occurred. It is entirely plausible that Zimmerman had a legitimate fear for his life, but only because he was stupid enough to put himself in that situation in the first place.

Now we have extremists from both sides of the political fence who want to exploit this sad event for their own political agendas. When you cut thru all of the spin and BS, what you are left with is a young, innocent, unarmed kid who got shot by a maroon who made a stupid mistake that he will pay for for the rest of his life whether he gets convicted of anything or not.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How come it took so long to hear of this story?
If in fact what is written in the above article, which was well written, then I am sure an investigation will find Zimmerman guilty if he is.
Either way, its a sad situation. Im still waiting for actual investigation facts.
He "looked" like a nice young man.
Any of the block watches around here, I know of, the participants are not allowed to carry. The cops are notified that the peeps are patrolling, and call in if things look questionable.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've experienced that and it can be peer pressure (which can take away 14 years of parenting).....or a mental thing like a spark plug that doesn't fire in the brain....etc.

Even the juvenile judge that we had for 4 or 5 years just shook his head wondering how this kid turned bad.