guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
I dont know what you were hoping to gain from this article? The author CLEARLY SUPPORTS a manslaughter charge. And during the trial, one of outcomes the jury could find is a manslaughter charge, so whats your point?

Again, he is critical of the afidavit because of its writing. This document only is a charging document. At his pretrial, the state will have to put on evidence and a judge will then WEIGH that evidence and see if there is enough to move forward with the charges.

This is where you will hear ALL the evidence in the case.

As for anyone who cant understand the word "profiled", its amazing how the english language escapes you. Profiling is simple. The right wing supporters on this very board PROFILE people and support profiling when it comes to passengers getting on aircraft. There are many posts that say that MUSLIMS should be "PROFILED" before they get on airplanes.

They dont have to say "muslim profiling" in order to intend racial profiling. Just "profiling".

IN Zimmermans case, CLEARLY and WITHOUT A DOUBT, he selected MARTIN because he was BLACK. The intent from that point on was racially motivated. Zimmermans OWN WORDS to police indicated that "he" did not believe Martin belonged in that gated community. Because he was BLACK, Zimmerman made a decision to call the police instead of leaving him alone. IN addition, he made a claim TWICE that Trayvon was on drugs and suggested through inference that Trayvon was somehow connected to recent break ins.

This is RACIAL PROFILING. In his other 911 calls, he says the same thing in every call involving black males. "there have been alot of break ins in the area recently"....Really? Only black males are burglars? WHY hasnt he made ONE single call involving a white person walking down the street alone at night?

Get serious folks.

And moreluck, stay away from right wing pundits. They dont know what potential evidence exists or are about to speculate properly on what it could be, they can only attempt to say what it isnt to avoid talk about gun control.

Peace

TOS
Actually, some people want to hear the different experts take on the matter. Not interested in your take, since you have no expertise in the matter, but you still write 18 paragraphs of crap you heard from Rachel M, Bill M. & Jon S. and the like..

wkmac

That may be a fair question to ask but in the case of Zimmerman in regards to Martin, what was Zimmerman's initial probable cause to justify his actions in regards to Trayvon?

If you say black male wearing a hoodie, well then it's justified that anytime I happen to go to the Georgia Dome and then make my usual shortcut route out of the area through a largely African American neighborhood, why can't they confront me on the street as a possible Ku Klux Klan member looking to burn a cross or even lynch someone? Profile baby, I fit the profile!

Returntosender

That may be a fair question to ask but in the case of Zimmerman in regards to Martin, what was Zimmerman's initial probable cause to justify his actions in regards to Trayvon?

If you say black male wearing a hoodie, well then it's justified that anytime I happen to go to the Georgia Dome and then make my usual shortcut route out of the area through a largely African American neighborhood, why can't they confront me on the street as a possible Ku Klux Klan member looking to burn a cross or even lynch someone? Profile baby, I fit the profile!
If your wearing this in the neighborhood they will definitely confront you. kkk-robe-l.jpg However If you look like this and carry sais6yljye.jpg they might confront you. If you just look like an ordinary wihte guy They will leave you alone. lt-Dan-forrest-gump-2980580-640-480.jpg
kkk-robe-l.jpg
6yljye.jpg
lt-Dan-forrest-gump-2980580-640-480.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What I find truly amazing is the fact that so many are trying to take RACE out of this situation. Why is it so hard to accept that RACE played the largest part of the events that night? Has it not been for RACE, Zimmerman would have never made the call or followed this kid.

As the indictment states, "zimmerman profiled Trayvon Martin". From this point on, its the states case to prove. The charge has been made and it matters not what anyone thinks. That charge isnt going away. RACE had everything to do with Zimmermans actions that night and unfortunately, thats what got him into trouble.

Had he not been an over zealous vigilante, Trayvon would be alive today. With NO TRAINING and NO expertise in crime handling, Zimmerman put himself into a bad situation and panicked causing him to shoot an unarmed teenager in the chest.

Zimmerman had NO RIGHT to follow, interupt, pursue, capture, corner, engage, fight or SHOOT Trayvon Martin for ANY reason.

Trayvon had the right to free travel regardless of how he looked, what he was wearing or the color of his skin. Zimmerman on the other hand took those rights away from Trayvon with is false 911 call profiling Trayvon as a potential criminal.

Im not sure whats so hard to understand about this case, and why people are rallying for an innocent verdict, but I would lean my thoughts to the fact that Trayvon was black and in some peoples mind, its ok to eliminate them for any reason that can be justified.

Peace

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is very hard to argue with any of the points offered by TOS in post #1962. The affidavit stated that "Zimmerman profiled Martin" but for all intents and purpose should have added the word "racially". GZ saw a young, black punk who clearly didn't "belong" there and took matters in to his own hands. His fate was sealed the moment he pulled the trigger.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, another 2 Canadians got killed in Florida last week, makes it 4 this year already. Higher than our city homocide rate.
No wonder I haven't been back there. Cuba and Mexico are much safer.

klein

Für Meno :)
4 Canucks dead in Fl, a couple in AZ, a few in Cali, probably a few dozen elsewhere in the US, sofar this year.
Zero in Mexico, hmmmmmmmm, zero in Cuba, too. hmmmmm

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is very hard to argue with any of the points offered by TOS in post #1962. The affidavit stated that "Zimmerman profiled Martin" but for all intents and purpose should have added the word "racially". GZ saw a young, black punk who clearly didn't "belong" there and took matters in to his own hands. His fate was sealed the moment he pulled the trigger.
To be fair, one has to admit we all racially profile everyone. From grama's driving in front of us, to the young kid with his pants under his cheeks. We have an opinion of most people, whether we like to admit it or not. And, you know what? So what? Small clams courts have the right to a "more likely than not" leeway to make a decision in a case. I have the same reasoning in my brain. If I am in the inner city of Boston on a Friday nite at midnight, is it a good idea to walk thru the 'ghetto' by myself to the hotel/whatever? What was the first thought in your head? Be honest. This isn't aimed at Upstate, more of a general question to all.

BBAK

Banned
Some do and some don't. Now don't tell me you've never seen little white punks , either !

Of course I have. And I have also seen some very respectable blacks. Can you honestly tell me that there are just as many lowlife whites as there are blacks, per capita?