Brisket

It's only been shown time and time again...

IMG_4174.GIF

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doesn't that only apply to dot hours? I do quite a few hub hours on Saturdays.. or am I wrong? I haven't reached that far yet, so I'm not certain.... But i do believe you can do more then 60 if it's not driving.
It gets sketchy when you get into the technicalities of over 60 and it'll raise red flags.

Kind of like technically you can work over 14 in a day once a week be ups ain't gonna let it happen.

By The Book

Doesn't that only apply to dot hours? I do quite a few hub hours on Saturdays.. or am I wrong? I haven't reached that far yet, so I'm not certain.... But i do believe you can do more then 60 if it's not driving.
If you drive at ups one time during the week the 60 hour rule applies even though you may work 59 hours inside.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you drive at ups one time during the week the 60 hour rule applies even though you may work 59 hours inside.
Sort of. You can work after 60 hours you just can't drive.

Technically you don't have to drive at all. If you've worked 60 hours inside you wouldn't be eligible to drive if needed.

jaker

trolling
You can't drive after 60 , but what he said is he still works past 60 but doing hub work

So now we are seeing why your checks are big , you make it sound like you are getting those checks from only driving but you are doing hub work also

AutoZone

BrownPower
You can't drive after 60 , but what he said is he still works past 60 but doing hub work

So now we are seeing why your checks are big , you make it sound like you are getting those checks from only driving but you are doing hub work also
No.. I drive 6 days. And I'm usually done by 1-2 on Saturday.. but then I fix the "line up" and park the PCs that the drivers park in the wrong spots when they're done for the day.. so I usually end up with another 3-4 hours just moving cars and closing the building down.. I've not gone over 60.. but I'm sure I will during the heavier peak weeks if needed..

evilleace

I don't think you will, I doubt you will be spotting during peak. Also why do you want to work that much every week? It means nothing to me just curious as I can't wait to punch that clock and go home.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I guess your next thread will be "I was fired for stealing time."
You stated earlier you ran 3 1/2 hours over on a route , and now you are saying you spend 3-4 hours parking cars from Saturday delivery. You are playing with fire

I'm thinking, if anything he says has any basis in fact, that both he and his management will end up with their asses in a sling if he isn't getting 10 hours off between driving shifts.

That would be hilarious.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I don't think you will, I doubt you will be spotting during peak. Also why do you want to work that much every week? It means nothing to me just curious as I can't wait to punch that clock and go home.
I just quit a very good paying job to learn this one, and I'll probably end up back in the hub after peak.. so I need to bank much as I can just in case, so I'll have time to find another job when that happens.. until my hours become more stable driving during the year