AutoZone

BrownPower
They directed you to run a route 3 1/2 hours over allowed ?
The union may not recognize numbers but that puts a target on you. How many cars are you parking on Saturday ?
Sending a new guy out on a blind route I'm sure it was expected.. they didn't say anything to me.

AutoZone

BrownPower
They directed you to run a route 3 1/2 hours over allowed ?
The union may not recognize numbers but that puts a target on you. How many cars are you parking on Saturday ?
One of the older guys walked by and said don't ever worry about being over allowed, just get back to the hub safely.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I happen to think ups is a great job! Yes, I could of taken my sales and Management experience elsewhere, but I don't want to push for money anymore.. I want to show up, clock in, do my job, and clock out... I was 3.5 hours over aloud the other day.. my boss confronted me about it.. it was so nice to not have to feel like I need to protect myself.. I simply stated, "you guys filled the truck, I emptied it as fast as I could, and arrived back safely. I'll see you in the morning boss". And went home. Felt amazing...

Sending a new guy out on a blind route I'm sure it was expected.. they didn't say anything to me.

Uummm..........your boss confronted you about it.

Guess I'm being too literal again, or you can't keep track of your stories.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
One of the older guys walked by and said don't ever worry about being over allowed, just get back to the hub safely.
I would worry about being three and a half hours over allowed .
That's the type of number that shows up on a report that is seen higher up the food chain than just the center manager

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I would worry about being three and a half hours over allowed .
That's the type of number that shows up on a report that is seen higher up the food chain than just the center manager
1+hr over. center manager is crabby.
2+hrs over. center manager tells you to do an OJS.
3+hrs over. center manager executes you in the parking lot.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Uummm..........your boss confronted you about it.

Guess I'm being too literal again, or you can't keep track of your stories.
I walk over to see my numbers, he looks at me and goes 3 1/2 over with a look on his face.. I say what I said.. And I never heard another word about it.. that's your confrontation, and I guess it was expected... Man you guys are trying hard to catch a lie... Hard to catch something that doesn't exist.. y'all are weak.. lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I walk over to see my numbers, he looks at me and goes 3 1/2 over with a look on his face.. I say what I said.. And I never heard another word about it.. that's your confrontation, and I guess it was expected... Man you guys are trying hard to catch a lie... Hard catch something that doesn't exist.. y'all are weak.. lol
No way a sup shrugs off 3.5 hours overallowed. I have to call my center manager immediately if I have a guy that far over. And you can bet your ass the driver is going to have an unhappy passenger watching him the next day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No way a sup shrugs off 3.5 hours overallowed. I have to call my center manager immediately if I have a guy that far over. And you can bet your ass the driver is going to have an unhappy passenger watching him the next day.
I'm not taking sides here but even a guy that's blind on a route?

I mean an every day driver I understand. And I'll assume everything goes out the window come peak? Because I know for a fact multiple centers around me had seasonals running 4-5 hours over every single day last peak.

PT Car Washer

Pretty sure I have been several hours over allowed between running air in the morning, running misloads from one end of the county to the other end, running packages left in the building and doing a few pick ups all at top driver rate. Not sure how it is coded out but it can happen.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm not taking sides here but even a guy that's blind on a route?

I mean an every day driver I understand. And I'll assume everything goes out the window come peak? Because I know for a fact multiple centers around me had seasonals running 4-5 hours over every single day last peak.
Blind we ease up a bit. But the discussion is still going to happen as to what the hell happened. I mean, I can't even describe the ass chewing we get for a non-seasonal running that kind of number.

Seasonals are a bit different. We had a seasonal like that last year, where it was just atrocious. But usually by the time you get that person up to speed and give them an opportunity to improve you're too far into it to let them go. You'll never have someone up to speed before Christmas.

We worry about numbers 11 months a year. But once Black Friday hits we always get an e-mail saying "Just get it done"

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Pretty sure I have been several hours over allowed between running air in the morning, running misloads from one end of the county to the other end, running packages left in the building and doing a few pick ups all at top driver rate. Not sure how it is coded out but it can happen.
O91 on the air, O71 on the misloads.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Blind we ease up a bit. But the discussion is still going to happen as to what the hell happened. I mean, I can't even describe the ass chewing we get for a non-seasonal running that kind of number.

Seasonals are a bit different. We had a seasonal like that last year, where it was just atrocious. But usually by the time you get that person up to speed and give them an opportunity to improve you're too far into it to let them go. You'll never have someone up to speed before Christmas.

We worry about numbers 11 months a year. But once Black Friday hits we always get an e-mail saying "Just get it done"
You're also assuming the route is set up correctly.. you fail to realize the area is mostly apartments, and I shet you not, out of 80 deliveries, 75 of them are 3rd/4th floor... Which as you know ups only gives allowance for 2nd floor as an average.. so every 3rd/4th floor I'm already behind... And then all the snaps are off.. building numbers are completely incorrect.. I had two 310 apartments facing each other but one of them actually went off the street behind their building.. how the hell am I suppose to know that? So I knock on their door and the lady was like nope, you're looking for the other 310 over there.. happens all the time she said.. so now I walk up to a 3rd.. then down.. then back up.. and then back down.. 5 minutes gone at one stop that they code a 35 second delivery.. again, I'm just a driver.. it's their job to make sure streets/snaps/ and give better credits for messed up areas... Maybe I wouldn't be so far over allowed... Durrrr... I'm a ups ma ma managerrr.. that's what you sound like frigid...

PT Car Washer

You're also assuming the route is set up correctly.. you fail to realize the area is mostly apartments, and I shet you not, out of 80 deliveries, 75 of them are 3rd/4th floor... Which as you know ups only gives allowance for 2nd floor as an average.. so every 3rd/4th floor I'm already behind... And then all the snaps are off.. building numbers are completely incorrect.. I had two 310 apartments facing each other but one of them actually went off the street behind their building.. how the hell am I suppose to know that? So I knock on their door and the lady was like nope, you're looking for the other 310 over there.. happens all the time she said.. so now I walk up to a 3rd.. then down.. then back up.. and then back down.. 5 minutes gone at one stop that they code a 35 second delivery.. again, I'm just a driver.. it's their job to make sure streets/snaps/ and give better credits for messed up areas... Maybe I wouldn't be so far over allowed... Durrrr... I'm a ups ma ma managerrr.. that's what you sound like frigid...
I can believe it. That is what happens when management sends a new driver (sometimes an old driver) out blind. What pay rate are you?

AutoZone

BrownPower
I know what a GM at a large dealership makes. Not exactly chump change
Oh yea.. they make crazy money.. but in order to get to that point, most companies require you to have managed every department in the store.. and it's virtually impossible these days with the turn around in the car business.. and as soon as your manager finds out your goal is to become their manager, they don't take highly to that.. it's not a good work model