How do I remove united way donation

Tech522

uw.jpg

21Savage

Have to go through center manager. This is a response I got from HR this week asking the same thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-230710_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-230710_Gmail.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 153

21Savage

So what’s the deal, is United Way a scam?
Our division manager got walked out a few months ago in front of everyone for embezzling United Way funds. Main reason I want to cancel.

Actually the main reason is because I'm a broke 22.4 but that's a damn good reason for me to cancel.

DriverNerd

So what’s the deal, is United Way a scam?
Not at all. The United Way has a lot of very good charities that it gives money to. Unfortunately, not enough of your donated money gets through to those charities. I've never been ok with an organization that pays their CEO $1 million, but claims that all they do is help those in need. More money will get to those charities if you give directly.

DriverNerd

Our division manager got walked out a few months ago in front of everyone for embezzling United Way funds. Main reason I want to cancel.

Actually the main reason is because I'm a broke 22.4 but that's a damn good reason for me to cancel.
You can't blame the United Way for one bad UPS employee. That being said, you have to square up your own finances before you give money to others....pretty much the opposite of the USA.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its a lot easier to say no from the beginning than it is to stop them taking money out. And claims of United Way designating your donations to a specific charity are a lie. The money all goes to a general fund and if they include your donation they can just subtract from other donations so everything remains the same. Just accounting games.

UPSER1987

How was he/she able to do that?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Isn’t this the biggest crock of absolute horse manure ever?
Yeah. The dude that chews your ass every morning and tells you how terrible you are is now your Human Resources contact. LMAO

Honestly the union will eventually have to step in and they’ll come to some other compromise. You watch.