How's peak?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Jumped on a T-S for peak. 14’s everyday of some of the easiest work I’ve done all year. They can’t force us to leave either since they are working contractors.

Boxjockey82

Antagonizing without educating is always a useful tactic. "You don't get it", "you're doing them a favor", blah blah blah. If you're trying to make a point of being off Friday vs Saturday who cares what day that man has off, full friday or half a Saturday is same :censored2: depending on your personal life. If you're saying he did something wrong then stop beating around the bush and explain why he needed to demand 8. Otherwise keep reliving the old days of hand writing on papyrus and delivering out of steam engines cuz you're not helping the guy out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The problem where I am is that they will never ever let you sneak out with 8 hrs of pay for fewer hours of work...we are entitled to request our full 8 hours every day but they will always find something for us to do to make us earn it. I don’t know what the situation is in Canada though.
Which is total BS. They’ve also convinced our BA that you need to request your 8.

That’s not what guaranteed 8 hours means. If I clock in that’s my “request” for 8.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This is a simple issue, any scheduled day affords you an 8hr guarantee, regardless of available hours. If you are forced in with only 1 hour of available DOT hours you are still guaranteed 8 hours.

MrBates

Not using a helper this year. It’s been 13 hour days all week.
View attachment 320865View attachment 320867
I couldn’t open the rear door because a couple irregs in the back were jammed up against it. So I had to clear this crap from the front. It took me a good three hours just to get the aisle clear.
When they do this to me I deliver everything in the aisle no matter where it is on my route. Then I get back on trace. Sure does make a 13hour day much easier.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
When they do this to me I deliver everything in the aisle no matter where it is on my route. Then I get back on trace. Sure does make a 13hour day much easier.
They’ve been shaving hours off guys here too, now more then ever follow the methods. Orion has a way of making an 8hr day a 10hr day real quick.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Vail peaks are fine. 5" fresh powder.

Attachments

• CB39502A-.jpg
    CB39502A-.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 72

barnyard

KTM rider
I am running an extra feeder job. Last year, the hubs were really hard to get in and out of, this year, piece of cake. Last year, 13-14 hours on the clock, did not have hours to work a 6th day. This year, 10 hours is my long day 9s for the rest of the week, last night, I had my 1st ever 8 hour day in feeders. It was everything I dreamed it would be.

Undertow

The weather has held out where I am which I think is a big edge. Delivery stops and volume have varied but the pickups have become much heavier and intense with some places having an earlier hard closing time due to the pandemic.

I've had to really rely much heavier on picture texts from customers and other drivers this time around in order to get a good idea of whether I can safely know I can fit all the volume in or not on any given workday. Picking up at an OfficeMax can either be 30 smalls or 5 huge desk chairs.

I know many here despise the use of PVD's, but if my building didn't have them there would be now way We'd have ever kept up to this point. The load quality would go from shaky to simply unworkable.

Hot Carl

I had 7 misloads on Wednesday and 6 Thursday. I was supposedly on a "curfew" on Thursday and Friday so they could preserve my hours for Saturday. On Thursday, they didn't send PVD help til about 20:00. On Friday, they didn't send it at all. So the "plan" to ensure I'd have a full 8 hours available for Saturday resulted in me having about .5 hours which I was totally fine with.

Misery

Weakest peak ever. I’ve been going out with 75-85 stops. Heaviest day this peak I think I had 96 stops. Only been getting 8.5 to 9.5 hours. Way too much work going to PVDs