How's the view???........

over9five

Staff member
No, totally different; these were made specifically for the phone. The kind you had to dial.
First you had to connect with Mabel:

switchboard-operator2.jpg

Nope, no telephone alcove.

satellitedriver

No, totally different; these were made specifically for the phone. The kind you had to dial.
moreluck is correct, kinda.
I was raised in a early 1930's built home that had that alcove/recess
in the hallway for the phone and that was where the phone was hardwired.
We lived in a lower class working class Catholic neighborhood and I remember how beautiful some neighbors converted their alcoves into a shrine.
Most of them had an arched top and they would place a statue of Mary with a votive candle at her feet.
The family Bible was beneath, where the phone book use to be placed.
Thanks, faded jeans.
You rekindled a sweet memory of the times of my youth.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This was the view on Friday at the Christmas tree farm on my route where I always get my tree. I have already picked out next years tree...its the green one with the snow on it. :happy2:

xmastrees.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
In another thread we were discussing dimensions or something and someone brought up the old chains with the bells on them that UPS used to give to customers so they could stay within the limits. Someone made the comment that they hadn't seen one in years (and nether had I). Well today I was questioning a customer about what the max size was he mentioned he had one of the chains and that they use it all the time.

UPSchain.jpg