How's the view???........

menotyou

bella amicizia
This guy is a Rhodesian Ridgeback that weighs about 130 lbs. I call him "the toll-keeper". He lives on a private, dead-end road and when I or FedEx or the Post Office come down the road he stands right in the middle and forces the vehicle to come to a complete stop before walking over to the drivers side and demanding his biscuit. His owners and their neighbors stand there and laugh. We all "pay the toll" to get by him. He looks mean and scarier than hell, but he is actually a very sweet and gentle dog and I always look forward to delivering to his house because then I get to feed him twice.

paythetoll.jpg
What an absolutely beautiful dog. Wow. He looks very loved.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Too skinny!!! Give that dog some milk bones!!!! I would go to Sams and get a pit ham sliced up and add to his food. Oh, wait. I do that for mine. :bigsmile2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I saw this doe with a newborn fawn running along the edge of a field across from a stop. The doe kept going, but the fawn hunkered down in the grass and froze which is a normal survival instinct. I walked over to the fence line and got a pic of the fawn from about 10 feet away. It was facing away from me, if you look carefully you can see the spots in the picture. It is lying down right in the edge of the grass. The whole time I was taking the pic, the mother doe was hopping around and snorting, trying to divert my attention away from the fawn. As I drove away, I could see the doe in my rear view mirror running back to its fawn. Very exciting.

fawn1.jpg

fawn2.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Wow! You can hardly see the little one !

I had one run out in front of me in a full 24' van yesterday at about 9:30 in an industrial complex. Fortunately I saw him in plenty of time and was able to stop safely. It was about as big as a medium-sized dog, still had it's spots, didn't look very sure on its legs. There were no adults around though, which I did find somewhat strange. It was pretty neat. Here in the concrete jungle of Central New Jersey, seeing something like that outside of a zoo is a little rare.