How's the view???........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Here's some stats on the vette: Chevy 283 (rebuilt), 4 speed, 4 b Edelbrock, Olds rear end 241, changing it though to a 355. The 241 is to high geared. The way it sits right now, it will do 65 in 3rd gear but it is very hard on the clutch getting going.

Yea, we found the tag for the plate. Once the rear end is done, (going in this week) and we get it put back, we'll be able to take it out for a drive. :happy-very:

PobreCarlos

Hey Pobre, what translation are you going for? Poor (common translation)? Miserable? Unfortunate? Just curious.:peaceful:

What you term [I say that, because I don't which is common and which isn't....my knowledge of the language doesn't extend that far] the common one, as in "poor". And I prefer "Karl" over "Charles" or "Charlie" for the second part. All just a silly [and probably incorrectly expressed] reflection of attempting to learn Spanish on my own over the last two or three years, while at the same time mirroring what [little] German I still retain. In short, no real significance; just another handle.

BTW, you *DO* have a car there don't ya'? Congrats!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Interesting combination, Spanish and German. :peaceful:

Thanks, it is one of a few that we have. 2 Harleys, 49 GMC 1/2 ton, 58 Chevy 5T flatbed, 82 Chevy Malibu Classic 49,000 original miles, a backhoe and my 06 GMC. We do not lack for things to drive. :wink2:

over9five

Staff member
"Here chipmunk, chipmunk, chipmunk....."

Rifle.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Extreme close-up makes it look big. It's really a .22 magnum, great varmint gun!

Darn chipmunks are overrunning our birdfeeder, trying to thin out the herd!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Savage 17HMR. It's a beautiful rifle, got it for my b-day. It's been bore sighted but we haven't had time to take it out and fine tune it. It would work well for what you are doing. Good for 100 yds or so. Great varmit gun.

over9five

Staff member
Savage 17HMR. It's a beautiful rifle, got it for my b-day. It's been bore sighted but we haven't had time to take it out and fine tune it. It would work well for what you are doing. Good for 100 yds or so. Great varmit gun.

I live in the forest. There's no open 100 yards. If you need help with that fine tuning, we could come over, bring a few guns, some beeyah. It'll be great!

My DW's ex gave her a .357mag pistol for her Bday one year, the following Christmas a matching .575mag lever action rifle. She was ok with it though. When they divorced, the only thing he got mad about not getting were those two guns. The pistol shoots really well, haven't had a chance to try the rifle yet.lol
I've read and heard good things about that 17HMR load.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I live in the forest. There's no open 100 yards. If you need help with that fine tuning, we could come over, bring a few guns, some beeyah. It'll be great!
I would love that. Shooting first, beeyah latah!

You got a gun for your birthday and are happy about it? If I would have done that during my marriage she may very well have loaded it and set the sights on me.
Absolutely, I was happy with it. I was tickled pink.

savage_93R17BTVS.jpg

Like I said, it's a beautiful rifle.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Interesting combination, Spanish and German. :peaceful:

Thanks, it is one of a few that we have. 2 Harleys, 49 GMC 1/2 ton, 58 Chevy 5T flatbed, 82 Chevy Malibu Classic 49,000 original miles, a backhoe and my 06 GMC. We do not lack for things to drive. :wink2:
vette 007.jpg

vette 008.jpg

Pics of the 49 and 58.
vette 007.jpg
vette 008.jpg