No more 22.4s!

some1else

Banned
Personally IDGAF if i am on M-friend or T-S as long as its not 6th punch and its a consistent schedule
Just hypothetically if a center currently has 80 full time, 20x 22.4 and they make the 22.4 t-friday full time: wouldnt they need the same number of rcpts that are forced 6 days be moved to t-s with Monday an optional 6punch if they want? I don’t see any change other than their Monday is optional

Maggot87

O ly good thing the 22.4 position did was give us driver rate when we worked inside. Now I'll be making less since ups is condensing trips more than ever.

Gaintain

Ok cool. So now if RPCDs wanna work on Saturdays…we can bump the newly converted RPCD/22.4s drivers off their Saturday routes.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yeah, we already have a building that uses them in our local. Miss loads have gotten better, but they still very common.
Based on experience this might only help because dispatch is so crazy nowadays that you literally cannot tell where each route is going at least on the peripherary where neighborhoods are rearranged to meet a strict stop count number. And all the add-cuts and human/cumputerized errors that result. It's a solution to a problem that should not be happening.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sure post packages, what are the limits that were supposed to be put on them? Weight, size?

The post office should have Revenue recovery clerks in their shop to audit those effers that abuse the surepost/smartpost system
There is a metric ton of them in the sorts, I believe most of them eventually pass the unload belt scanners and get flagged a charge for extra weight/dimensions and get delivered ups. Also a lot of non-complient dimensions in general like boxes that are longer than the trailer itself.

Steamer

Wasnt a waste on the investment of ups I believe it was a loop hole to pay drivers less instead of paying 30 bones plus an hour. TCD were almost non existent in my center once 22.4 popped up. They didn’t have bids to be a TCD and they sure as hell never had someone work inside for 3-4hrs and then go out and do a route. Yet we voted no on the 22.4 language and it still got pushed? That was under a different regime so hopefully obrien wont budge.
I bet someone got paid under the table to ratify that last contract that we voted no on. The DOJ should be investigating that.