No more 22.4s!

It will be like Rural Delivery like someone said. It is just like most airlines. Customers will pay more for premium delivery. Everything else will be according to UPS's schedule on how it can profit the most from its operations. Welcome to the new world! Everyone hates flying now and has no choice! Soon, it will be something in package delivery business...
They already want to do remote deliveries so you can look at that short post build up and make good stop density and profitable

wayfair

swollen member
They already want to do remote deliveries so you can look at that short post build up and make good stop density and profitable
Sure post packages, what are the limits that were supposed to be put on them? Weight, size?

The post office should have Revenue recovery clerks in their shop to audit those effers that abuse the surepost/smartpost system

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like the company wouldn’t change 22.4’s back to package car drivers. Nobody should believe anything you say on here.
Do you really see the Company increasing their proposed new hire (8/1/23) top rate from $32/hr to $45/hr? It will go up but not by $13/hr—-most likely $36-40/hr range which, in effect, would make 22.4’s permanent.

No, I did not expect 22.4’s to go away.

Coldworld

Do you really see the Company increasing their proposed new hire (8/1/23) top rate from $32/hr to $45/hr? It will go up but not by $13/hr—-most likely $36-40/hr range which, in effect, would make 22.4’s permanent.

No, I did not expect 22.4’s to go away.
They will have the same top rate as rpcd’s. There will probably still be a 4 year progression but to think the union would agree to a jazzed up 2nd tier ft driver is naive.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They will have the same top rate as rpcd’s. There will probably still be a 4 year progression but to think the union would agree to a jazzed up 2nd tier ft driver is naive.
$13/hr is a chunk of change that I don’t see the Company giving away.

I also think all 5 years’ annual raises, which will be much higher than in the original proposal, will be split.