No more 22.4s!

Thebrownblob

RFID chip labels are used to prevent misloaded. The chip is wirelessly powered and be able to locate and communicate with the system to ask a question "should I be in this package car?"
Yeah, we already have a building that uses them in our local. Miss loads have gotten better, but they still very common.

Thebrownblob

Curious. Why the heck did UPS and Union create 22.4 in the first place? Now, you have to undo it and claim "progress". It is such a waste of energy.
Thats because our negotiators made the mistake of thinking we wanted a different class of drivers delivering Saturday, when are we really wanted it was more driver hired.
As crappy as 22.4 was they did hire a large amount of new people full-time, which is paying off now with this new language.

anonymous23456

What happened to total service plan?
✊🧔‍♂️
Not sure but I have an idea. UPS should layoff all supervisors. We can have a rotation duty. Each RPCD will take turn to be in the building and be supervisor for one day. He will come in at 4:00 AM and make sure all packages are sorted and loaded. Since he is RPCD he should know how the system works.

This way we can pay drivers top dollars and eliminate OnRoad supervisors.

anonymous23456

not sure if I can be that lazy but I’ll try!
✊🧔‍♂️
You will be in charge of loaders and make sure all package cars are ready for the drivers strolling in at 9 AM. Keep in mind that you will deal with mechanical breakdowns, software breakdowns, and user errors. If everything isn't working, you will hand out pencils and paper. You will be the last to leave the building in the evening after you got your reports in.

Kirk79

Yes, there’s some new labels with embedded chips of some sort. We have not started using them where I am yet but supposedly it’s going to stop all miss loads. L O L I’ll believe it when I see it.
They’ve greatly reduced misloads but doesn’t catch bad slaps especially at bulk stops. That opens up a whole new can of worms if you don’t catch the bad slap before you scan and deliver.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
You will be in charge of loaders and make sure all package cars are ready for the drivers strolling in at 9 AM. Keep in mind that you will deal with mechanical breakdowns, software breakdowns, and user errors. If everything isn't working, you will hand out pencils and paper. You will be the last to leave the building in the evening after you got your reports in.
sounds easy
✊🧔‍♂️

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
RFID chip labels are used to prevent misloaded. The chip is wirelessly powered and be able to locate and communicate with the system to ask a question "should I be in this package car?"
Yeah , now the loaders aren’t allowed to take the spa label off and place it so I can see it. SMH another dumb idea!

✊🧔‍♂️

Kirk79

Yeah , now the loaders aren’t allowed to take the spa label off and place it so I can see it. SMH another dumb idea!

✊🧔‍♂️
They were writing the numbers on the packages with red crayon but were soon told they didn’t have to. I’m sure cuz it took a few extra seconds. That didn’t help all that much either because some of the hand writing was well let’s just say my 3 year old could do better.

Thebrownblob

They’ve greatly reduced misloads but doesn’t catch bad slaps especially at bulk stops. That opens up a whole new can of worms if you don’t catch the bad slap before you scan and deliver.
Interesting really haven’t dealt with it yet myself because we don’t have it yet but supposedly it’s coming shortly. Already have new sensors on the back of the truck.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Interesting really haven’t dealt with it yet myself because we don’t have it yet but supposedly it’s coming shortly. Already have new sensors on the back of the truck.
Yeah and they put them on with adhesives instead of screwing them on , they’ll be falling off soon like the last ones.
✊🧔‍♂️

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
They were writing the numbers on the packages with red crayon but were soon told they didn’t have to. I’m sure cuz it took a few extra seconds. That didn’t help all that much either because some of the hand writing was well let’s just say my 3 year old could do better.
Preload was better when I worked it , you take the damn box off the damn belt and put it in the damn truck. No wonder preload sucks they’re making it more complicated. Too damn worried about misloads so they can run home at 1pm
✊🧔‍♂️