No more 22.4s!

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I don't care about the spa label or what the HIN is, why aren't you all looking at/for the shipping label?
my loader use to rip the spa off and place it facing the middle of truck…look at box boom! Overweight in middle of truck shipping label face down? Spa label on top of box facing driving , BOOM
✊🧔‍♂️

TheDick

They’ve greatly reduced misloads but doesn’t catch bad slaps especially at bulk stops. That opens up a whole new can of worms if you don’t catch the bad slap before you scan and deliver.
Agreed its a another YUGE waste of money. The old PAL labels were 1c. New RFID are 7c apiece. Two factories make them. Do the math, was it worth experimenting with unproven tech?

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
You will be in charge of loaders and make sure all package cars are ready for the drivers strolling in at 9 AM. Keep in mind that you will deal with mechanical breakdowns, software breakdowns, and user errors. If everything isn't working, you will hand out pencils and paper. You will be the last to leave the building in the evening after you got your reports in.
You have PT Sup PTSD?

TheDick

The new wireless tech(beepers) they installed in the pkg cars along with all the other wireless telematics, GPS, blah, blah. What could go wrong?

pkgdriver

Not sure but I have an idea. UPS should layoff all supervisors. We can have a rotation duty. Each RPCD will take turn to be in the building and be supervisor for one day. He will come in at 4:00 AM and make sure all packages are sorted and loaded. Since he is RPCD he should know how the system works.

This way we can pay drivers top dollars and eliminate OnRoad supervisors.
They tried something like this many many years ago. Not that ambitious though.