Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

El Correcto

god is dead
Was always curious about that one but never got the chance to shoot it. Not much interest in owning one though.
Its a good pistol but I never thought it was special enough to mess with the oddball ammo.
Thinking about buying one, heard someone comparing it to owning an AR in a pistols body. That’s a stiff price tag for a pistol though, isn’t something I’d put on a mantle either.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Thinking about buying one, heard someone comparing it to owning an AR in a pistols body. That’s a stiff price tag for a pistol though, isn’t something I’d put on a mantle either.
I have no problem paying that for handgun if it's one I like enough, but that's the thing. It's a cool gun, just never held my attention enough to want one, especially at that price. And I try not to give into buying a gun just for novelty (probably why I don't have a DE, I like those too but probably not that much). And then there's the weird ammo thing. I'd rarely shoot it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have no problem paying that for handgun if it's one I like enough, but that's the thing. It's a cool gun, just never held my attention enough to want one, especially at that price. And I try not to give into buying a gun just for novelty (probably why I don't have a DE, I like those too but probably not that much). And then there's the weird ammo thing. I'd rarely shoot it.

I do have some "novelty" guns but they were ones that interested me enough to add to collection. When I do buy something like that its because the price was right. Not something I would pay a premium for.

El Correcto

god is dead
Shot a five seven today. Not a fan honestly, like a really loud twenty two. Accurate but the stock sights on it sucked. The thing I like most was the clip, shoving the bullets straight down really saves your thumb some wear and tear.
A03CB365-82DD-4595-970B-D67615CD0C1C.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I just rented from the range by my house.
I always rent a gun for an hour before I buy it if possible. Was seriously considering the five seven, but it’s kind of boring to shoot to be honestly.
That's kinda disappointing. I imagine it'd be hard to really utilize any of the advantages it was designed around with civilian carry anyway.