Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
How many times can brass be reloaded?
It depends. Straight wall pistol cartridges many many times. Bottleneck rifle cartridges operate at higher pressure and stretch more so fewer times. As they stretch the case gets longer so sometimes need to be trimmed. That brass comes from somewhere and its the case walls getting thinner. The general rule is to discard after the 3rd trimming. Still will usually get many times reloading from them. Plus you need to check the brass for signs of weak spots and toss out any you aren't sure about.

over9five

Staff member
airweight.jpg

My son bought a S&W Model 642 yesterday. They weren't kidding when they called it an Airweight, couldn't believe how light it is. Also couldn't believe something so light was rated for continuous +P ammo.
Anyone own one?

oldngray

nowhere special
Hardest gun to hang onto I ever ran into was a little 25 auto. Little thing wanted to jump out of your hand.

I haven't shot more than a couple of magazines through my .25 Beretta. That was one of those things I picked up cheap to collect. Probably one of the best made .. but its still just a .25 auto.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I haven't shot more than a couple of magazines through my .25 Beretta. That was one of those things I picked up cheap to collect. Probably one of the best made .. but its still just a .25 auto.
First time I ever saw a factory dud was with that gun. A 22lr has more power.