Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
DSCN0020.JPG

oldngray

nowhere special
Jetfire or a Minx(?)
Jetfire. Its .25 ACP. The Minx is .22 short. Despite its size its fairly comfortable to shoot. Very unusual for a .25 for sure. Feels a lot like a shrunken Beretta 92 with a 1911 trigger. Not something I would seriously use for self defense but an interesting little pistol.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special

I bought it a long time ago and paid about $100-120 for it. I figured it was worth it at that price. Still was about twice what the garbage .25's were selling for at the time but huge difference in quality.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Jetfire. Its .25 ACP. The Minx is .22 short. Despite its size its fairly comfortable to shoot. Very unusual for a .25 for sure. Feels a lot like a shrunken Beretta 92 with a 1911 trigger. Not something I would seriously use for self defense but an interesting little pistol.
I'd be afraid of shooting my own finger off on a panic.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I saw a couple of guys with those at the shooting range. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I don't know if the problem was them or the pistols.
I'm gonna guess them considering I can bullseye my Bobcat clone.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The hardest times I've had getting things on the paper were with my Dad's Star Firestar in in 40S&W and my buddy's Ruger P89. Could not hit the broad side of a barn with either.

oldngray

nowhere special
The hardest times I've had getting things on the paper were with my Dad's Star Firestar in in 40S&W and my buddy's Ruger P89. Could not hit the broad side of a barn with either.
I had a .45 Firestar that was pretty accurate. My stepson liked it and I gave it to him. My Ruger P85 might be lucky to shoot 3 or 4 inch groups at 25 yards. My stepson had a P89 with similar accuracy (or lack of) and got rid of his.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had a .45 Firestar that was pretty accurate. My stepson liked it and I gave it to him. My Ruger P85 might be lucky to shoot 3 or 4 inch groups at 25 yards. My stepson had a P89 with similar accuracy (or lack of) and got rid of his.
I consider myself to be pretty good, but those 2 i mentioned just did not work for me.