Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

Aquaman

Y
So you want the company to refuse packages from certain customers so we can downsize. That is a fantastic idea. If the company were smaller, how do you know you would even have a job?
more profit.. more pay. Is that easy enough for you? FedEx Express is massive now. And the rewards of that growth have not been enjoyed by the workforce. If anything we’ve been punished over the years due to their obsessive spending on growth. So ya dude, if all this growth results in more growth, more spending, but less benefits and slower pay... then I definitely want them to stop growing. I’m all for growth if my paycheck grows with them.

Aquaman

Y
more profit.. more pay. Is that easy enough for you? FedEx Express is massive now. And the rewards of that growth have not been enjoyed by the workforce. If anything we’ve been punished over the years due to their obsessive spending on growth. So ya dude, if all this growth results in more growth, more spending, but less benefits and slower pay... then I definitely want them to stop growing. I’m all for growth if my paycheck grows with them.
I work for money. They have to pay me to care. Every year I don’t get closer to top out is another year on the end of my career that I’m not able to save top out rate into my 401K. Taking 25 years to top out doesn’t just screw my paycheck. It screws my retirement.

Elroy Shabazz

FedEx will be paying professional golfers millions of dollars over the next 3 weeks. The PGA tour cancelled many events this year which means FedEx lost many hours of tv advertising, but they are still paying out the same amount of money that they would have paid with full advertisement time. So sad. FedEx sucks.

fdxsux

So you want the company to refuse packages from certain customers so we can downsize. That is a fantastic idea. If the company were smaller, how do you know you would even have a job?
I think he’s just saying he wants the company to fund raises first and then fund the other stuff.

Aquaman

I think he’s just saying he wants the company to fund raises first and then fund the other stuff.
Bingo. Not saying it’s the only important thing. But something is seriously wrong when 35 year employees have been HEAVILY rewarded for their time with the company, and 18 year employees have been screwed. Growth means nothing to any of us if it means weak pay & benefit cuts. The company essentially has become a cancer to its employees. Every year it grows we lose something.

AB831

Bingo. Not saying it’s the only important thing. But something is seriously wrong when 35 year employees have been HEAVILY rewarded for their time with the company, and 18 year employees have been screwed. Growth means nothing to any of us if it means weak pay & benefit cuts. The company essentially has become a cancer to its employees. Every year it grows we lose something.
There's no point in wasting the electricity from your keyboard trying to explain anything to the victims of purple Stockholm Syndrome on here.

It will be fine

There's no point in wasting the electricity from your keyboard trying to explain anything to the victims of purple Stockholm Syndrome on here.
Some people have made a good living from FedEx. It’s abnormal for people that stay at an entry level to do that in any industry. There’s not much benefit to giving more to your employees than you need to.

dezguy

Oldfart got his, so to hell with everyone who came after him. We've been over this song and dance many times. Unfortunately, most old timers are just like old fart (not all). They got theirs so there is no reason for a union, they topped out in 14 months but you should have to work years upon years to top out.

Most old farts are the biggest hypocrites I have ever worked with. Anyone voicing an opinion is a whiner, meanwhile they have to take one stop out of their loop and you'd think someone was trying to steal their first born.

fdxsux

Some people have made a good living from FedEx. It’s abnormal for people that stay at an entry level to do that in any industry. There’s not much benefit to giving more to your employees than you need to.
This is an excellent point, one that we should all learn from. If we do our best for $18/hr Fedex has no incentive to pay us $25/hr. By working hard for Fedex we’re just shooting ourselves in the foot.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Management philosophy like yours is why many justify less effort, less care of freight and equipment, even justify stealing.

Reap what you sow.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Management philosophy like yours is why many justify less effort, less care of freight and equipment, even justify stealing.

Reap what you sow.

If someone is prone to damage freight and equipment or steal because they are unhappy, how much of a raise do they deserve? You get paid what you earn.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You just wait. FedEx will screw you, BBSam and all you other contractors over eventually. Smith is predatory and has a big dislike for anyone in the blue collar sector.

Better take your rose colored glasses off now.

falcon back

I made it a point to do as little work as possible last year. I got the same raise (actually more) than the guy next to me busting his butt. I’d say “earn” has nothing to do with it.
There is always a lazy person who brags about how lazy they are, no matter how much they earn

It will be fine

You just wait. FedEx will screw you, BBSam and all you other contractors over eventually. Smith is predatory and has a big dislike for anyone in the blue collar sector.

Better take your rose colored glasses off now.
Every contract my compensation per stop goes down. Every year my profit increases. Many contractors complain about the screwing we get. I make more and work less every year. It’s all about attitude.