Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

falcon back

FedEx does it all the time. That's why we don't have Amazon on our trucks now.
When you are making a very small profit on the packages, what incentive do you have to accept the packages? If you noticed, the volume has remained steady ever since we dropped Amazon. Haven't missed them at all. The same scenario played out years ago when we dropped William Sonoma as a customer. If you are handling packages at a loss or a very small profit, no reason to do business with that shipper.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Every contract my compensation per stop goes down. Every year my profit increases. Many contractors complain about the screwing we get. I make more and work less every year. It’s all about attitude.
Sure.

And your employees work harder every year while their earning power decreases so you can sit on your couch and play video games.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When you are making a very small profit on the packages, what incentive do you have to accept the packages? If you noticed, the volume has remained steady ever since we dropped Amazon. Haven't missed them at all. The same scenario played out years ago when we dropped William Sonoma as a customer. If you are handling packages at a loss or a very small profit, no reason to do business with that shipper.
So, the overpaid slugs in Sales were doing the company in, not the courier.

It will be fine

Sure.

And your employees work harder every year while their earning power decreases so you can sit on your couch and play video games.
Nope. They do more stops in a smaller area with fewer pickups per truck. The good ones keep making more. They do enough for me to afford health insurance for the first time. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

vantexan

Y
more profit.. more pay. Is that easy enough for you? FedEx Express is massive now. And the rewards of that growth have not been enjoyed by the workforce. If anything we’ve been punished over the years due to their obsessive spending on growth. So ya dude, if all this growth results in more growth, more spending, but less benefits and slower pay... then I definitely want them to stop growing. I’m all for growth if my paycheck grows with them.
If you cared you'd be willing to fall on your sword so that management and contractors get wealthy. What's wrong with you?

falcon back

Says the guy who's admitted he works pt. If you're such a hard working employee, why aren't you ft? Surely, the company could use such stellar courier as yourself.🙄
What does pt or ft have to do with work ethic? If a person wants to slow down and work pt, why does it bother you?

Aquaman

FedEx doesn't have any 747s in its fleet and hasn't for years.
Good lord sorry
There is no loophole.
its definitely a loophole. There’s no reason for a FedEx Courier to be under the RLA and a UPS driver be under the NLRA. Both out on the road doing the exact same job. It’s a loophole. FedEx Express is an airline but the drivers are not airport employees. They’re truck drivers. We’re going to be under the NLRA at some point here soon.

vantexan

Some people have made a good living from FedEx. It’s abnormal for people that stay at an entry level to do that in any industry. There’s not much benefit to giving more to your employees than you need to.
That entry level job at FedEx isn't some guy sweeping up after everyone has gone home. It's the entire reason for the company's existence. Stop salving your conscience over how you're participating in exploiting others for your benefit.