Parler Conservative site.

zimbomb

Uumm you do understand that the social media sites work under that with no penalty to themselves. Taking that away allows people to go after them. They/ social media are not news agencies.
Taking away section 230 protections make any user generated content a liability to a platform. Ultimately making any "free speak" platform unprofitable. Only the big ones would have any chance of fending off legal disputes and continue to operate. It's simple to understand the ramifications. Slug's for salt!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The implication of a cartoon suggesting one's free speech rights are being infringed upon has everything to do with the First Amendment.
No it doesn't, the first amendment is about the government infringing on speech. We're talking about private companies being against free speech.

Ttku leftie.

Sportello

No it doesn't, the first amendment is about the government infringing on speech. We're talking about private companies being against free speech.

Ttku leftie.
That’s quite a pretzel you’ve twisted yourself into. I interpret the cartoon as saying companies are trying to strangle free speech, guaranteed by the 1st Amendment. Of course, that is ridiculous, but I would expect that attitude from a fascist.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The last line of the book is the best. It applies to a lot of people here.
Yep!
Going from memory but ...

"Winston was beaten, he bowed his head and followed the Party Line."
I was sort of close ...

Giving up ... is what O’Brien wanted from Winston all along. His spirit broken, Winston is released to the outside world.
He has accepted the Party entirely and has learned to love Big Brother.

vantexan

They're apparently able to moderate their platforms (see: removal of Donald Trump, Trumpee terror group pages, etc). Apple gave Parler a 24 hour ultimatum to enforce the same kind of controls or be removed from their app store. And Parler didn't.

See above.
Twitter only seems to be controlling right wing expression. Literal mob screaming on the Left with little to police them.