Parler Conservative site.

refineryworker05

Objectively, these fights over social media exclude 99.999999% of republican users, and are really about a small handful of republican celebs/republican media websites who use those social media platforms to make money and who want to post stuff that violates those companies tos rules.

refineryworker05

So why do so many republicans believe Twitter or Facebook or whatever wants to get rid of them personally off their platforms? Because republican media and republican celebs lie to them and cast their individual battles over tos rules violations as an attack on the free speech of all republicans by big tech that is controlled by the all powerful left.

refineryworker05

this conspiratorial belief of an all powerful left that controls big tech and that is out to destroy them is something that appeals to the vast majority of normal republican voters, and so they get really invested in these phony free speech culture war fights involving social media. Even though again these fights don’t benefit them at all.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This parler thing and the outrage over social media silencing republicans is evidence of how republican media and republican elected officials steer republican voters to these phony culture war fights that don’t benefit them at all.
All these social media companies want an expanding user base, and engaged users. So just based on their business model, there is a zero percent chance they’ll boot off 10’s of millions of republican users whose posts are only seen by their families and friends. They don’t care what you post because no one sees it.
Objectively, these fights over social media exclude 99.999999% of republican users, and are really about a small handful of republican celebs/republican media websites who use those social media platforms to make money and who want to post stuff that violates those companies tos rules.
So why do so many republicans believe Twitter or Facebook or whatever wants to get rid of them personally off their platforms? Because republican media and republican celebs lie to them and cast their individual battles over tos rules violations as an attack on the free speech of all republicans by big tech that is controlled by the all powerful left.
this conspiratorial belief of an all powerful left that controls big tech and that is out to destroy them is something that appeals to the vast majority of normal republican voters, and so they get really invested in these phony free speech culture war fights involving social media. Even though again these fights don’t benefit them at all.
Tldr

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This parler thing and the outrage over social media silencing republicans is evidence of how republican media and republican elected officials steer republican voters to these phony culture war fights that don’t benefit them at all.
All these social media companies want an expanding user base, and engaged users. So just based on their business model, there is a zero percent chance they’ll boot off 10’s of millions of republican users whose posts are only seen by their families and friends. They don’t care what you post because no one sees it.

Nice try with the multi-post smoke and mirrors but this is just another one of your long-winded walls of drivel. Probably even longer than usual actually.

refineryworker05

Nice try with the multi-post smoke and mirrors but this is just another one of your long-winded walls of drivel. Probably even longer than usual actually.
I know it’s very difficult to counter the points in my posts, but every sentence of those posts is accurate in describing the phony social media free speech con game being run on republican voters.

Do any of you use Parler.com? Apparently, Trump has been banned on Twitter and Instagram and Apple is threatening to ban the Parler app from the Istore. Now Parler is either crashing from the influx or there are some shenanigans going on.
I was a user of Twitter, Facebook and moving to Parler.
Twitter, Apple, Google and Amazon joined forces to prevent use of the Parler App on their devices and then Amazon completely shut them down by ending their hosting services. So they are now effectively out of business!
I have ended my Twitter account. It is ironic Twitter has been getting restricted for an election in Uganda... on 1/12/21 Twitter posted the following:
Does anybody know if UPS has outsourced any of our IT services to any hosting sites? May not be a good idea to put IT resources in the hands of any company that can just shut you down because they do not like your policies or you are a competitive threat.

Attachments

• Uganda Tweets.JPG
    Uganda Tweets.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 53

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Twitter, Apple, Google and Amazon joined forces to prevent use of the Parler App on their devices and then Amazon completely shut them down by ending their hosting services. So they are now effectively out of business!
I have ended my Twitter account. It is ironic Twitter has been getting restricted for an election in Uganda... on 1/12/21 Twitter posted the following:
Does anybody know if UPS has outsourced any of our IT services to any hosting sites? May not be a good idea to put IT resources in the hands of any company that can just shut you down because they do not like your policies or you are a competitive threat.
The hypocrisy of their statements on the Ugandan elections is astounding.

refineryworker05

This is all republican voters have are these objectively insane conspiracies about big tech being controlled by the all powerful left out to steal their free speech. All of these companies need users, there is a zero percent chance they’d boot off 10’s of millions of republicans, it doesn’t help their business. They don’t care about the crazy bs you post to your family and friends. Republican voters are being conned into taking tos disputes between the tiny percentage of republicans who use those platforms to make money, as an attack against all republicans.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It seems every Parler user has been outed.

That's not what that says.
Maybe if you bothered to read more than just the headline......
Uh, I read the article, that's how I know "every Parler user" was not "outed".
SMH

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Facebook to be banned now?

Notice the bias. The people involved in the Capitol riot are always tagged as "Trump Supporters" in an attempt to firmly connect their actions to the President, even though we know non supporters were also involved.

You never heard those involved in the Blm-antifa riots being called Democrat supporters.

oldngray

nowhere special
Notice the bias. The people involved in the Capitol riot are always tagged as "Trump Supporters" in an attempt to firmly connect their actions to the President, even though we know non supporters were also involved.

You never heard those involved in the Blm-antifa riots being called Democrat supporters.
Plenty of times alt-right or far right thrown out there with the complete absence of mentioning anything left.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Plenty of times alt-right or far right thrown out there with the complete absence of mentioning anything left.
Same article if Biden were prez and they thought a left wing group was involved...

In the days leading up to the mostly peaceful Capitol rally, a group President Biden has firmly denounced was extensively on Facebook ...

SLW

Almost half of all websites are hosted with AWS, so it seems likely.

In fact, any company can and will shut you down or not work with you for the former which is why Parler is having a hard time getting back online. Shutting down your competition is regulated more strictly, although I doubt any competitor would have the reason or will to voluntarily place themselves in a position where it could happen.