Peak 2017

NYCFXG

I think this year could be different. Fedex has some extremely aggressive pricing going on compared to UPS this peak.

I would have to agree with you. But I am more concerned for HD side. I have an extra Bulk truck and 2 spare trucks waiting for use along with 2 managers and a swing driver at the moment. I forsee needing 3 more helpers to round out my peak plan. Just hoping for the volume. Nothing worse than spending the money to prep and getting nothing for the first few weeks circa 2015 peak.

On a side note, got large package mix this week... Pretty insulting if you ask me. Won't even cover the cost of 1 helper's salary. Not to mention they fudged the numbers to lower my average by .2% Saving themselves $100 a week.

bacha29

I would have to agree with you. But I am more concerned for HD side. I have an extra Bulk truck and 2 spare trucks waiting for use along with 2 managers and a swing driver at the moment. I forsee needing 3 more helpers to round out my peak plan. Just hoping for the volume. Nothing worse than spending the money to prep and getting nothing for the first few weeks circa 2015 peak.

On a side note, got large package mix this week... Pretty insulting if you ask me. Won't even cover the cost of 1 helper's salary. Not to mention they fudged the numbers to lower my average by .2% Saving themselves $100 a week.
Of course. You should know by now that they want every damn dime the box generates. It's an impossible situation.

instiches

If you accepted your schedule K you won't get near your decline threshold during peak. You shouldn't get near it normally throughout the year. They set it too high for it to be useful to you. CSA definition changes are rare and apparently a bit of a pain for management to actually execute since they hardly ever do it outside of a sale.

Haven't even been presented my schedule K yet. SRM tried to have the typical peak projections and resources (unannounced) meeting with me, and I told them that they need to give me the schedule K first before I play your little spreadsheet game.

But my DST for the year isn't that high relative to what I service daily, so I was considering not signing the schedule K and then coast through peak with my normal DST and decline over that number. But I am concerned about losing that area with the 'right to ensure' clause

bbsam

Staff member
Haven't even been presented my schedule K yet. SRM tried to have the typical peak projections and resources (unannounced) meeting with me, and I told them that they need to give me the schedule K first before I play your little spreadsheet game.

But my DST for the year isn't that high relative to what I service daily, so I was considering not signing the schedule K and then coast through peak with my normal DST and decline over that number. But I am concerned about losing that area with the 'right to ensure' clause
I declined my schedule k. The problem is that if I run like a company, im looking to minimize uncertainty. X has way to much uncertainty in its peak offerings and expectations. I always tell my SM that I'm not worried about making money at peak or servicing my area up to my DST. Probably even beyond in some cases. But beyond that, i don't really care. The money isn't good and the headaches are considerable.

instiches

I declined my schedule k. The problem is that if I run like a company, im looking to minimize uncertainty. X has way to much uncertainty in its peak offerings and expectations. I always tell my SM that I'm not worried about making money at peak or servicing my area up to my DST. Probably even beyond in some cases. But beyond that, i don't really care. The money isn't good and the headaches are considerable.

The headaches are very true, especially when you're mostly HD and a larger sized contractor (me). Those headaches compound because we end up relying on FedEx to provide the extra personnel, space, scanners, working batteries and they never deliver.

bbsam

Staff member
The headaches are very true, especially when you're mostly HD and a larger sized contractor (me). Those headaches compound because we end up relying on FedEx to provide the extra personnel, space, scanners, working batteries and they never deliver.
I think you should re-read the right to ensure clause. I was always under the impression that it only meant they could have other contractors or temp drivers deliver the volume, not that it would be removed from your CSA permanently. If it says that, ok. If someone told you that, might be a BS scare tactic.

instiches

I think you should re-read the right to ensure clause. I was always under the impression that it only meant they could have other contractors or temp drivers deliver the volume, not that it would be removed from your CSA permanently. If it says that, ok. If someone told you that, might be a BS scare tactic.

Clause 4 in Attachement A-2 to Schedule A

"... FXG will have the 'right to re-assign' permanently standing or continuing requests for services....If FXG exercises its right to re-assign, ISP understands and agrees that the re-assigned services will no longer be part of the CSA..."

I get that it might be difficult for the management to rework CSAs, but I also think they would have a hard time running temps for the amount of stops I could potentially decline. This clause basically nullifies any sort of advantage we have with declining services whether that is because of the threshold or late sort.

bbsam

Staff member
Clause 4 in Attachement A-2 to Schedule A

"... FXG will have the 'right to re-assign' permanently standing or continuing requests for services....If FXG exercises its right to re-assign, ISP understands and agrees that the re-assigned services will no longer be part of the CSA..."

I get that it might be difficult for the management to rework CSAs, but I also think they would have a hard time running temps for the amount of stops I could potentially decline. This clause basically nullifies any sort of advantage we have with declining services whether that is because of the threshold or late sort.
But that's schedule A. As long as you perform up to that number I don't think they can remove it from your CSA. Numbers above that, your peak DST numbers don't enter into that equation.

I believe this clause is for a contractor failing miserably outside of peak. This year schedule k includes charge backs if a contractor fails to perform to an agreed schedule k level but has nothing about permanent removal of area from a CSA.

bbsam

Staff member
The only positive is if I fail the station doesn't have temps and no other contractor has any extra resources to charge me for.
I can only hope they "grade" on a curve. I may fail on 50 but I'm betting we have a contractor who will see days of 1000 failures.