Peak 2017

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Not looking good. One walked out while preloading his cargo van to capacity.

He thought it was like Amazon with mostly small boxes bags and envelopes...

He didn't have room for a hand truck either for the heavy stuff.

I saw some other thread about getting a back belt & I use it for the heavy stuff

s-l400.jpg

EBay $8 u want the adjustability depending on what you'll be hauling to the customer's garage or fd

Don't get that copper belt, it's too flimsy & copper infused fabric is teh meh...

bacha29

People who prepare for life by learning a trade or getting a degree, instead of sitting in their pajamas playing video games, don't make minimum wage. Minimum wage jobs aren't intended to be careers. They are entry level stepping stones to be utilized while you make yourself desirable to employers by learning a skill they find valuable. Minimum wage jobs are temporary for anybody with any pride or ambition.
Most of the job growth these past few years has been in the low wage ($7.25-8.50) range and zero benefits especially health insurance. The problem is that people in the states that would not participate in the expanded Medicaid program would lose their medical assistance cards if they took the employment. When you're a single mom with kids you were in most cases better off to stay on welfare and keep the medical assistance card. My state on the other hand chose to participate in the expanded Medicaid program which made it much easier for the welfare department to get people off welfare and get them to take the low wage service jobs because it allowed the individual to keep their medical assistance benefits. In turn the government is not subsidizing the worker , it's subsidizing the low wage employer keeping them going when they would otherwise be out of business because they refused to pay their employees enough to make them independent of taxpayer funded compensation assistance.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
In turn the government is not subsidizing the worker , it's subsidizing the low wage employer keeping them going when they would otherwise be out of business because they refused to pay their employees enough to make them independent of taxpayer funded compensation assistance.
Jobs don't exist because employees deserve them! They exist in order to make the business owner more money. Not all businesses print their own money, many struggle to keep the doors open. If a minimum wage job doesn't benefit the owner, then it's pointless to argue its existence.
We live in a Capitalistic economy. No capital= no employment, bottom line. If a business is making a decent profit, it will have to pay above MW to attract better employees. Profit isn't evil, it's a necessity for our economy to function.

bacha29

Jobs don't exist because employees deserve them! They exist in order to make the business owner more money. Not all businesses print their own money, many struggle to keep the doors open. If a minimum wage job doesn't benefit the owner, then it's pointless to argue its existence.
We live in a Capitalistic economy. No capital= no employment, bottom line. If a business is making a decent profit, it will have to pay above MW to attract better employees. Profit isn't evil, it's a necessity for our economy to function.
And if the low wage job doesn't provide the worker with enough money to provide for basic needs then can you give me one credible reason why they should be required to take that job?

vantexan

And if the low wage job doesn't provide the worker with enough money to provide for basic needs then can you give me one credible reason why they should be required to take that job?
What you need are compassionate, empathetic business owners. People who believe helping others is not only the right thing to do, but will save themselves doing it. I mean truly believe that and practice it. Capitalism is as hard hearted as the people who are in charge. Run by the right people and it's a beautiful thing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In turn the government is not subsidizing the worker , it's subsidizing the low wage employer keeping them going when they would otherwise be out of business because they refused to pay their employees enough to make them independent of taxpayer funded compensation assistance.

If you're giving the subsidy to the recipient, you're subsidizing the recipient.

59 Dano

Can you give me one credible reason why I should be required to subsidize a person who chooses not to work because he doesn't want to do the available work?

It will be fine

Can you give me one credible reason why I should be required to subsidize a person who chooses not to work because he doesn't want to do the available work?
So they don't steal from you. So he's freed up to find a job more inline with his skill set. Unemployment benefits are useful for more than just minimum wage earners.

bacha29

Fedex had work available for you and you chose not to accept it. So who are you to condemn someone else for not accepting the work that was available to them?

Oldfart

@59 Dano

How did your separation from Fedex go anyway? I remember something about the "earth gonna be rocked to its foundation" or something.
He said 3 people's lives were gonna be ruined. Haven't heard anything about 3 people jumping to their death or the stock price dropping or package count being less. At least he thinks he is important. Reality proves otherwise.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The World doesn't owe the un/underemployed anything. If the minimum wage worker wants/needs government assistance, they need to earn it by establishing a work history, and becoming a productive member of American society.

59 Dano

Fedex had work available for you and you chose not to accept it. So who are you to condemn someone else for not accepting the work that was available to them?

I didn't ask you or anyone else to subsidize me between the time I left and the time I started my new job.

59 Dano

How did your separation from Fedex go anyway? I remember something about the "earth gonna be rocked to its foundation" or something.

It's closer to "or something." I said 3 people would have it rough for a little while.

MAKAVELI

The World doesn't owe the un/underemployed anything. If the minimum wage worker wants/needs government assistance, they need to earn it by establishing a work history, and becoming a productive member of American society.
Easier said than done for the many forgotten poor and uneducated in the richest country in the world.