Peak 2017

floridays

Personal experience?
Come on do you even know their names. I asked you kids that you know. Any man that has played around could reasonably say how many kids he has and then add "that I know of."
Example
Joe "How many kids do you have?"
Makaveli "Well Joe, two that I know of. You do know I'm a player though."
I think you're a liar.

MAKAVELI

Come on do you even know their names. I asked you kids that you know. Any man that has played around could reasonably say how many kids he has and then add "that I know of."
Example
Joe "How many kids do you have?"
Makaveli "Well Joe, two that I know of. You do know I'm a player though."
I think you're a liar.
Here you go bro. #Daddyissues. Maybe you can finally get some help.

floridays

Here you go bro. #Daddyissues. Maybe you can finally get some help.
Don't need it, I do have issues. I was on many occasions a supreme prick to the best father a kid could have. So yeah, I'd love the opportunity to right my wrongs but that ship has sailed. As big of a prick as I was, my father never denied me, and was extremely proud of me. Must be the culture I come from.

dvalleyjim

Economics 101, when the economy grows employers need more workers, more competition for workers means high wages and perks. FedEx's crony, illegal and fake driver scam doesn't comprehend this natural fact of economics. Thus people will not except the low wages, long hours, no breaks, overtime, or lunches, and no benefits at FedEx Ground. Ground will suffer but be slow to remedy this. After many service failures they will begrudgingly offer their ISPs better deals hoping that it will trickle down to drivers. Since many ISPs operate on such narrow margins anyway it will probably be a long term problem in a robust economy of 3-5 percent growth.
Hate to break it to the snowflakes but the government mandating 15/hr min. wage does not increase wages. Competition for workers between companies does. Oops, competition is the even playing field? Wow, eco 101!

bbsam

Staff member
Economics 101, when the economy grows employers need more workers, more competition for workers means high wages and perks. FedEx's crony, illegal and fake driver scam doesn't comprehend this natural fact of economics. Thus people will not except the low wages, long hours, no breaks, overtime, or lunches, and no benefits at FedEx Ground. Ground will suffer but be slow to remedy this. After many service failures they will begrudgingly offer their ISPs better deals hoping that it will trickle down to drivers. Since many ISPs operate on such narrow margins anyway it will probably be a long term problem in a robust economy of 3-5 percent growth.
Hate to break it to the snowflakes but the government mandating 15/hr min. wage does not increase wages. Competition for workers between companies does. Oops, competition is the even playing field? Wow, eco 101!
Economics 202 says that if the economy grows employers need to find a way to adapt. That may mean more workers but not necessarily. Automation, efficiency, and targeted reductions all come into play.

vantexan

Economics 202 says that if the economy grows employers need to find a way to adapt. That may mean more workers but not necessarily. Automation, efficiency, and targeted reductions all come into play.
Except as baby boomers age there will be less workers and more opportunity for younger workers. We're a long way from robots doing everything and if it was just a matter of being more efficient it most likely has reached a point where they can't be much more efficient. Or reduce costs much further. Or are you suggesting American business is inefficient and careless with spending?

bacha29

Except as baby boomers age there will be less workers and more opportunity for younger workers. We're a long way from robots doing everything and if it was just a matter of being more efficient it most likely has reached a point where they can't be much more efficient. Or reduce costs much further. Or are you suggesting American business is inefficient and careless with spending?
I wouldn't be too sure of that VT. I saw a report the other day that said that even with current levels of automation, emerging software, AI and robotics they can right now replace 40% of the U.S. workforce and more than 50% by 2025. As a result it means that in the near future if you can't run the new technology.....it will run you.

vantexan

I wouldn't be too sure of that VT. I saw a report the other day that said that even with current levels of automation, emerging software, AI and robotics they can right now replace 40% of the U.S. workforce and more than 50% by 2025. As a result it means that in the near future if you can't run the new technology.....it will run you.
Then why haven't they?

vantexan

Because of cheap labor. Labor prices go up, automation makes more sense.

Just like shale oil. More expensive to extract but when the price per barrel hits $50/barrel, it's economically viable.
Well then let's build a wall and keep out illegal aliens. They drive down wages. And for example, highly unlikely machines are going to build houses. But illegals undercut citizens and work construction for less. One of many examples. There's only so much machines can do and considering the payroll saved if machines could do everything humans do they'd most likely be doing it somewhere. Even in highly automated car factories they still need human labor. If they're already that automated why not just finish the job and automate everything? They can't.

It will be fine

Well then let's build a wall and keep out illegal aliens. They drive down wages. And for example, highly unlikely machines are going to build houses. But illegals undercut citizens and work construction for less. One of many examples. There's only so much machines can do and considering the payroll saved if machines could do everything humans do they'd most likely be doing it somewhere. Even in highly automated car factories they still need human labor. If they're already that automated why not just finish the job and automate everything? They can't.
The wall is a stupid idea. We have planes now. Automation allows 1 worker to do what it took 20 to do a decade ago. That's where the jobs went.

bbsam

Staff member

You speak in ignorance.

3d printed house - Google Search