Peak 2017

Preventable

That's not a fact.

You're right, the average express driver's wage might actually benefit from illegal immigration. Its commonly accepted that it suppresses wages at the very bottom of the labor market though (think people with no hs diploma/ged). So although there might be more higher paying jobs as a result of illegal immigrants the people holding those jobs need so subsidize more people who can't earn a livable wage+ many of the illegals themselves. Yes many illegals play plenty of taxes and contribute, but when people claim they are a net benefit I find that claim very dubious.

Nolimitz

Price:
$65,795
Size (sq. ft.):

A bit spendy at $165/sq ft
summary of local building costs here:
Summary costs of building (including land)
  • Production Homes: $70 to $120 per square foot
  • Semi Custom Homes- $110 to $160 per square foot
  • Custom Homes- $140 and up per square foot.

It will be fine

Still looking bad?
I'll manage. I'm worried about next week with brown adding surcharges for residential deliveries and we aren't. I'm still under staffed for ideal but I'm giving the guys a stop rate bonus this year. They'll get smoked but at least they'll get paid well for it.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll manage. I'm worried about next week with brown adding surcharges for residential deliveries and we aren't. I'm still under staffed for ideal but I'm giving the guys a stop rate bonus this year. They'll get smoked but at least they'll get paid well for it.
Yeah. We're helping out in some HD areas and should do ok especially considering the crap-storm other guys will be messing with.

W

What The Hawk?

I'm confused about peak. Why do people say it's hell during this time? At my center they take your big bulk stops off your route so you have less, the worst part for preload anyway is the standing around waiting for the missing or lost trailers. Is it just horrible for drivers?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm confused about peak. Why do people say it's hell during this time? At my center they take your big bulk stops off your route so you have less, the worst part for preload anyway is the standing around waiting for the missing or lost trailers. Is it just horrible for drivers?
It's a loooong day. Lots of late freight, late leaving building and more stops.