Peak 2017

bacha29

Not necessarily—-I have been able to get 3 of my helpers hired on a permanent basis. One is now a FT bid cover driver.
Your example is clearly the exception. Again that's UPS with your 30 and out pension plan . Likewise how many years as a helper did it take them to get there? No question that if they somehow had a way to survive during the other 11 months they might be able ride it out until they got on.

floridays

That's my exact point. It's contractors who get destroyed. When X took over for Roadway the fact that you as a contractor had to invest money in the venture ,that fact as well as the respect it was deserving of was the first thing to go among the missing and is a major contributing factor behind the scores of routes on the market with more going on everyday along with the price cutting we're beginning to see.

A big salute for being among the first class of lab rats.

floridays

It seems like the perfect storm. 59% of holiday shopping is expected to be done online. Temporary workforce has been impossible to find. The company has refused to hire their own temps. All competitors facing the same conditions of over-worked and under-staffed.

Gonna be a bad peak.
Not for you, you've contracted for 900 p&d stops daily. Sit back and watch the implosion.

Last edited:

floridays

Your example is clearly the exception. Again that's UPS with your 30 and out pension plan . Likewise how many years as a helper did it take them to get there? No question that if they somehow had a way to survive during the other 11 months they might be able ride it out until they got on.
They can, it's called welfare in it's many forms.

Last edited: