Peak 2017

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have always been funding issues, not just the amount, but where the pension money was invested. With the statement you made, I conclude that every Ups future and current pensioner should be skeptical about UPS's ability to perform.

You would be mistaken.

UPS has held up their end of the bargain.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You took my post as a hit which it wasn't. Was just thinking it will be extremely hard for Ups to keep their end of the deal in some future, uncertain year. God bless all you guys, I hope it doesn't happen.

The best thing would be for the company to withdraw from all of the troubled pension funds.

bacha29

Pension funding issues.
As we saw with the airline bankruptcies when the pension funds were taken over by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation, benefit wise pays about 60% of what was supposed to be paid it is cause for concern if the same were to happen with UPS but I didn't think that it was as troubled as you implied.

floridays

As we saw with the airline bankruptcies when the pension funds were taken over by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation, benefit wise pays about 60% of what was supposed to be paid it is cause for concern if the same were to happen with UPS but I didn't think that it was as troubled as you implied.
I implied nothing, I was only looking forward and drawing a conclusion. My view is (not implying) UPS will have, in an uncertain year problems paying pensions and will have to do what is necessary to stay solvent. The solvency of UPS currently is not in question, the future is in question. Only my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I implied nothing, I was only looking forward and drawing a conclusion. My view is (not implying) UPS will have, in an uncertain year problems paying pensions and will have to do what is necessary to stay solvent. The solvency of UPS currently is not in question, the future is in question. Only my opinion.

UPS has been actively diversifying to ensure that they remain viable for years to come.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Dance_e89795_5373569.gif
....Getting ready for Monday or I guess Not ?!?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They tried to hire temps at one of my terminals. They couldn't find anyone either. There will be pickups that I'll decline when they're over 200 pieces that just won't get picked up. I said I'll do my best but everything isn't going to fit on the trucks and my people's time is better spent knocking out deliveries.

Schedule K money is nice but if I can't afford proper staffing/vehicles the rest of the year getting some extra cash for a few weeks just won't cut it.
I'm available for $2k/week if you supply me a runner. Over 20 years experience with over a third of that as a swing!:clap: