Peak 2017

dmac1

Even if it were true the first question is ....is the driver an employee or a contractor? It would appear that what many of us have suspected is that X and it now appears UPS have taken the position that the class action settlement gives them free reign to take huge liberties when it comes to the definition of an employee and a contractor. In addition is says nothing regarding insurance. It would therefore appear that UPS expects private vehicle auto insurance to cover claims involving this type of activity.

UPS will almost certainly pay them as employees with reimbursement for vehicle use. UPS would also pay their commercial insurance while on company duty. Paying them as anything other than employees would likely violate the union contract. I've used my private vehicle as an employee, with vehicle covered by employers insurance while on duty. It is actually pretty common for employees to use own vehicle, and then get reimbursed for vehicle expense, either by the mile, or by the delivery. It is perfectly legal for a company to require use of personal vehicle, but they must reimburse that use with employee paid at least minimum wage plus expenses.

Bounty

This is my first peak I’m not at Fedex home delivery in 14 years.....and life is good. Sold my route for over $100,000
In profit after taxes then received a nice settlement check and bought the stock for $140 a share a couple of years ago (hit $240 today). Keep supplying that cheap labor bbsam I’m enjoying all you do for me. Enjoy your Xmas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS will almost certainly pay them as employees with reimbursement for vehicle use. UPS would also pay their commercial insurance while on company duty. Paying them as anything other than employees would likely violate the union contract. I've used my private vehicle as an employee, with vehicle covered by employers insurance while on duty. It is actually pretty common for employees to use own vehicle, and then get reimbursed for vehicle expense, either by the mile, or by the delivery. It is perfectly legal for a company to require use of personal vehicle, but they must reimburse that use with employee paid at least minimum wage plus expenses.

$18.75/hr

$.78/mile

No reimbursement for insurance.

NYCFXG

This volume won't let up. HD is getting crushed. Every zip (except 2) I service is having work diverted to it from HD. Lot's of guys losing their routes this peak. HD guys had a much lower bar when it came to qualifying for ISP. All the ones who wanted to continue running their own route and just team up with others are getting their butts handed to them. Which is exactly what X always hoped would happen.

Tomorrow is going to be the nail in the coffin for a couple guys I know. They refused to hire anyone and refused to get more trucks. They said they have been doing this for 10 years and knew what to do.. Well, now they are rolling pallets of packs and no plan to get out of the hole.

NYCFXG

My inbound report for tomorrow is lighter than what we had today. Can't ever remember that happening before.

Watch there be a large jump in the numbers overnight.

Already spoke with TM that works late shift. He said it is way off. Large jump overnight he said is likely to happen.

DeliveryException

Did your station leave Tuesdays behind?

We ran Tuesday's and Wednesdays. I showed 110 total with DRA showing end on road at 1620. Only 90 or so stops actually made it to the station. I was done about 1420. My route probably averages 85ish miles. Mgr said next week upping the rtb to 1730, that should put me in the 130s I guess. Crappy part is breaking off for 1500 and 1630 business stops.

bacha29

This volume won't let up. HD is getting crushed. Every zip (except 2) I service is having work diverted to it from HD. Lot's of guys losing their routes this peak. HD guys had a much lower bar when it came to qualifying for ISP. All the ones who wanted to continue running their own route and just team up with others are getting their butts handed to them. Which is exactly what X always hoped would happen.

Tomorrow is going to be the nail in the coffin for a couple guys I know. They refused to hire anyone and refused to get more trucks. They said they have been doing this for 10 years and knew what to do.. Well, now they are rolling pallets of packs and no plan to get out of the hole.
" There's no reason to get excited the thief he softly spoke. There are many here among us who think X is but a joke" .....Bob Dylan...The Watchtower.

NYCFXG

As expected... right back up to peak threshold... the real hard part is I am set up to deal with up to that amount. Anything less i am way ovet prepared. But at or near my number requires full attendence.