Pick-ups

TheOnlyMidnight

I'm going to be starting on Tuesday and I'm hoping I don't have many pickups. I don't really mind much because I used to do a :censored2:load at peak in the mall. But I'd rather not have many

GenericUsername

Every training route should have pickups. Need to learn how it is done.
Every training route in our center only goes out with about 100 or so deliveries. 75 or so businesses, 25 or so resis, and about 30 pickups. They each have a UPS store on them and at least a half dozen drop boxes as well. A normal day for the training route in the area next to my route is 90-110 stops but nearly 400 pieces every single day.

GenericUsername

Most of the ones that don't are heavy residential, which is good everyday except Christmas Eve.
I had 250 stops on Christmas Eve (counting the apartments that all get delivered to the mailboxes, so maybe actual 180 stops.) I punched out at 430 with an 8 hr guarantee and $800 in tips. I was sent someone at about noon to take 50 stops off me that is normally on a business route. He got the 11 businesses I had that were closed and the 5 apartment buildings (so no stairs/etc due to mail rooms).

Not all centers suck.

rod

Retired 23 years
I had 250 stops on Christmas Eve (counting the apartments that all get delivered to the mailboxes, so maybe actual 180 stops.) I punched out at 430 with an 8 hr guarantee and $800 in tips. I was sent someone at about noon to take 50 stops off me that is normally on a business route. He got the 11 businesses I had that were closed and the 5 apartment buildings (so no stairs/etc due to mail rooms).

Not all centers suck.
I call BS. UPS is hit and run now. No time to stick around for tips.

BrownSnowFlake

I'm going to be starting on Tuesday and I'm hoping I don't have many pickups. I don't really mind much because I used to do a *load at peak in the mall. But I'd rather not have many
Your training route will almost certainly have pickups, and those businesses will be used to dealing with trainees. If they don't have pieces every day, get their number and call. Save yourself the time.

TheOnlyMidnight

If you're just starting and already worrying about having pick ups, you're in for a rough ride.

Like sleeping with @BadIdeaGuy teacher kind of rough ride.
I'm not worried at all about pick-ups. As I said, I've done pickups at a mall which allotted about 400 pick-ups per day as well as picking up from the UPS store so I'm very much used to it