Pick-ups

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
I still expecting a couple of 150 pound anvils. That place will be one of your pickups.
i live in a big boating lake area and had 3 marinas on my training route. anchors and batteries every day. of course there were always cushions as well but those boxes were always like 5ft long and still obnoxious.

my bid route has 15 scheduled pickups every day. 3 banks, 1 vet, 2 smallish tool and die places (avg 20pcs ea) then chevy, ford, volkswagen, used car, used car, toyota, mazda, honda, used car etc. i probably pickup 75-100nda envelopes daily. it's a good thing i practice 16oz curls every night or i'd never be able to handle it.

edited to add that i picked up from a petco today. 81 boxes of dog food and cat litter. the guy at the dock heard me groan when he opened the door (it's saturday so i needed to get back by 5:30 to avoid lunch) and the pickup was 4:30

he asked me if i wanted to leave it until tue because it wasn't that much (m-friend avgs 3-400). i considered it. the guy who does that pickup m-friend parks right next to me in the building though and sometimes brings my air back on mondays so i got my exercise today.

542thruNthru

That's makes sense. I've done many deliveries with over the last 4 years with Amazon and UPS so luckily it will be no sweat
Xmqge.gif

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Training routes are heavy on businesses and pickups. You’ll probably have some apartments as well. They want to make sure you can handle the pressure of the job.
What pressure ??
You drive around all day and drop off packages & pick a few up ! What's the big deal , anybody can do that job !!

😉😂😂😂

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Your training route will almost certainly have pickups, and those businesses will be used to dealing with trainees. If they don't have pieces every day, get their number and call. Save yourself the time.
Don’t do this
You’re gonna get the guy fired before he even gets started
Another runner gunner

Porknado

No it’s not
Show up to every pickup everyday just like you will be trained to do
This.

If there’s nothing there, you should still sheet it NonPU/Not Ready (or whatever) from the business’s location. The location is recorded, and if they decide to, they could get you for dishonesty sheeting something when you’re not actually there.

Maybe they do, maybe they don’t, but they could. Why give them any ammunition to possibly use against you?

TheOnlyMidnight

This.

If there’s nothing there, you should still sheet it NonPU/Not Ready (or whatever) from the business’s location. The location is recorded, and if they decide to, they could get you for dishonesty sheeting something when you’re not actually there.

Maybe they do, maybe they don’t, but they could. Why give them any ammunition to possibly use against you?
That definitely makes sense, thanks for the clarification

GenericUsername

I call BS. UPS is hit and run now. No time to stick around for tips.
I lose 50%+ of my route during peak and shrink down into a super affluent community only. Most of the people there tip in $100s and quite a few just leave it in an envelope on their door. Call BS all you want, old man, but it happened. :)

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I'm going to be starting on Tuesday and I'm hoping I don't have many pickups. I don't really mind much because I used to do a *load at peak in the mall. But I'd rather not have many
If you truly do not like pick ups...

I'd keep that tight lipped at your center.

Go around looking too happy and certain people go out of their way to wipe that smile off.

Tell em you love everything...

Even if it's a sarcastic smirk...

Always have a smile.

That pisses people off.

Head down and plow thru your 30...

Good luck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I never minded having a lot of pickups, in my experience it made it much less likely they would mess with you. Can't really send you to help someone when you're busy making pickups, can't over dispatch you by too much or you'll be late getting all those pickup pieces back. My last route in delivery I had a late start and then picked up a string of late drop boxes and they pretty much didn't mess with me at all, only thing they cared about was getting all those air pieces back to the building in time to make the plane.

oldngray

nowhere special
I never minded having a lot of pickups, in my experience it made it much less likely they would mess with you. Can't really send you to help someone when you're busy making pickups, can't over dispatch you by too much or you'll be late getting all those pickup pieces back. My last route in delivery I had a late start and then picked up a string of late drop boxes and they pretty much didn't mess with me at all, only thing they cared about was getting all those air pieces back to the building in time to make the plane.
In a perfect world.

Unless you get a bozo that tries to send you to help someone else while you were still busy making your own pickups.

Are you refusing to go help? Tell me, are you instructing me to miss pickups to go and help now?

... silence at the other end.