Presidential Candidates other than Obama

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Washington Examiner) — If Texas Gov. Rick Perry is “seriously considering running for president,” as my Examiner colleague Phil Klein reported, he has a ready-made campaign issue that could be his ace in the hole.
“Since the recovery began, 38 percent of all the jobs created in American have been created in the State of Texas,” Dallas Federal Reserve president Richard Fisher told CNBC’s “The Squawk Reserve” Tuesday.
“My district has more employment now than before the crisis began,” Fisher added.
Imagine a one-theme presidential campaign based on the simple fact that while President Obama was out there destroying American jobs by the millions, Perry was busy creating them in Texas.
Fisher cited the lack of a state income tax, and Texas’ business-friendly regulatory environment for its economic success, which has catapulted the Lone Star State to the top exporter in the U.S., surpassing California. But “the most important thing that’s happened to us is tort reform,” he said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
38% of all the jobs created lately are in Texas. He could run on...."making jobs for the country just like jobs were made for Texas". Texas has a friendly environment for businesses and growth. Besides, Perry would like to kick O's ass for not declaring Texas a disaster with all the fires. There's some bitterness there......I would be bitter too! (OMG, that was my own thoughts and not a cartoon....alert the papers!!)

wkmac

(Washington Examiner) — If Texas Gov. Rick Perry is “seriously considering running for president,” as my Examiner colleague Phil Klein reported, he has a ready-made campaign issue that could be his ace in the hole.
“Since the recovery began, 38 percent of all the jobs created in American have been created in the State of Texas,” Dallas Federal Reserve president Richard Fisher told CNBC’s “The Squawk Reserve” Tuesday.
“My district has more employment now than before the crisis began,” Fisher added.
Imagine a one-theme presidential campaign based on the simple fact that while President Obama was out there destroying American jobs by the millions, Perry was busy creating them in Texas.
Fisher cited the lack of a state income tax, and Texas’ business-friendly regulatory environment for its economic success, which has catapulted the Lone Star State to the top exporter in the U.S., surpassing California. But “the most important thing that’s happened to us is tort reform,” he said.

I read the part about 38% of all jobs created in America were in Texas and I could only think back to some points made by Kevin Carson on John Galt hawgin' out at the trough!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Going some what off topic here..........
Does anyone have a current address for Mitt Romney ?
Seems someone has send him a box of sweet onions to his old Belmont, Mass address. It's currently being held.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Winners??

The republican political machine knows these jokers cant win the white house, and they are continuing to reach out to other un named people to try and get them into the race. Cain, Gingrich and Santorum should all just hang it up now.

They were completely outclassed in this first debate.

peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
Winners??

The republican political machine knows these jokers cant win the white house, and they are continuing to reach out to other un named people to try and get them into the race. Cain, Gingrich and Santorum should all just hang it up now.

They were completely outclassed in this first debate.

peace.

Bill Maher described the GOP debate, as if those candidates were on the TV show: Law & Order "Special Victims Unit" ! LOL

brett636

I am feeling better about these candidates after this first debate. It seems we have a decent selection of strong conservative candidates who has a good chance at knocking Barack Obama out of the white house. I am hoping that either Bachman or Cain gets the nomination as they seem to be the most conservative of the group. I will vote for Romney if he gets nominated, but until that is decided I just have no reason to support him over any other candidate.

One thing I never thought about, but has been brought to my attention recently is the one person who could be considered the Republican's secret weapon. Marco Rubio, the senator from FL, is probably already high on everyone's list to pick for VP. He is a very intelligent, well spoken conservative Senator who will not only put Florida in the GOP column, but will help wrap up the Hispanic vote as well. I strongly believe he could be President someday, and if that is his true goal then becoming VP could very well put him on that path. This political season is already starting to pan out in an exciting way!

upsgrunt

TOS-

Is this why you are sure that Obama will secure a second term?

DR. WILLIAMS predicts that Obama can not lose the 2012 election.

IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP: THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO "SHAKE THE BOAT" TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVES.

Dr. Williams prediction: Maybe you have read some newspaper articles written by Dr. Williams a conservative economist who happens to be Black. He has taught at several Universities and is currently teaching at George Mason University .

No Matter What

By Dr. Walter Williams

Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't. I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term.

The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising.

But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected. Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win. Gas pricesmoving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins. The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins. War in the Middle East ? He wins a second term.

America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama! The US . Government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.

You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do.

And that's why I know Obama will win. The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated.

Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.

Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:

1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing. He's one of us,

2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,

3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,

4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coat tails will carry them to victory nationwide,

5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,

6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,

7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,

8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,

9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,

10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.

-- Dr. Walter Williams

bbsam

Staff member
Dr. Williams might consider pointing out that republicans offer absolutely nothing to any of these groups...unless you count profiling, harrassment, and demonization.

bbsam

Staff member
Aren't you profiling and harassing Republicans with that comment?
No, I'm critiqueing the good Dr. Harshly perhaps. But as a republican, he insist on the problem being everyone else and nothing about the party and it's often offensive and crude self assuredness.