Robert Reich on 5 ways UPS is screwing us.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Man. Some of you people don't remember the lean years after the 97 strike. I was working maybe 2 days a week for a long time. Used to go down to the EEOC ( employment office ) and sign up for day work cleaning houses or doing manual labor for minimum wage.
It's been a feast for so long......not always gonna be that way.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Man. Some of you people don't remember the lean years after the 97 strike. I was working maybe 2 days a week for a long time. Used to go down to the EEOC ( employment office ) and sign up for day work cleaning houses or doing manual labor for minimum wage.

I think you went to the wrong office hun
The EEOC is not the (employment office)
Nice try though

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
After the strike, it was hell for a good while.
They tried to kill us. They were pissed.
In a month after the strike, I was even money, if not ahead after the three week vacation.

Thebrownblob

After the strike, it was hell for a good while.
They tried to kill us. They were pissed.
In a month after the strike, I was even money, if not ahead after the three week vacation.
I was actually part time during the strike, first couple weeks back were slow after that it was 9-12 hours a day until I went full-time.

Dr.Brownz

Companies make money off the backs of labor. It's been going on for years.
A profitable company means you can keep coming to work and have the job you do. If you or the company get too greedy, it messes things up big time.
Negotiations 101.
Billions in profits every single year.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Love how both the examples were unions "getting too greedy" ...
Not true.
If you work for a company, that bargains themselves to bankruptcy, you work for idiots.
Don't get cozy with the way things are or you wind up making excuses for the company ...
Cozy?
So, you want to work for a profitable company, you just don't want them to make too much. Buy stock and quit bitchin'.

Whither

Scofflaw
Not true.
If you work for a company, that bargains themselves to bankruptcy, you work for idiots.

Cozy?
So, you want to work for a profitable company, you just don't want them to make too much. Buy stock and quit bitchin'.

We work for a corporate idiocracy that nevertheless rakes in windfall profits.

I'm not interested in stock market speculation, but freedom for all workers instead of lifelong indenture to this idiotic way of living. Quit drinking the kool-aid.