Robert Reich on 5 ways UPS is screwing us.

floridays

Man. Some of you people don't remember the lean years after the 97 strike. I was working maybe 2 days a week for a long time. Used to go down to the EEOC ( employment office ) and sign up for day work cleaning houses or doing manual labor for minimum wage.
It's been a feast for so long......not always gonna be that way.
That's really funny, the EEOC office to get work, do you just make :poop: up or are you just stupid?
Stupid was an element of a question, not an assessment of intelligence or lack of before you report
me.

floridays

We work for a corporate idiocracy that nevertheless rakes in windfall profits.

I'm not interested in stock market speculation, but freedom for all workers instead of lifelong indenture to this idiotic way of living. Quit drinking the kool-aid.
You want freedom, start your own business, sink or swim on your own. You have the freedom to fail, ready to step up to that freedom?

floridays

It varies.
Each month I report to the local off ass time as well as ass time. They cut the check accordingly.
Ashamed to tell the new guys how much you're making sitting on your ass while you most likely support a contract that will not give them what you got.

These new guys bust their ass for less to insure what your barcalounger ass gets is deposited regularily. Did you start day 1 at union rate?

That is a legitimate question looking for an answer. I never worked for UPS but did work for McLean Trucking. I got top pay first day, there was one pay rate, dock worker.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Still waiting for your free market deep thought answers.
We work for a corporate idiocracy that nevertheless rakes in windfall profits.
but freedom for all workers instead of lifelong indenture to this idiotic way of living.

What is this freedom for all workers you speak of?
What is the lifelong indentured idiotic way of living?

floridays

Not at all.
I'm ashamed of myself for responding to anything say.
Then do it.
After you do we can wash that sin off in the sin pool.

How much hourly does your ass sittin money equate to a new hire wage.
Not bustin your balls, what you get, just can't understand why some of you retirees and older employees don't want the new guys to earn and reap what you have reaped.

Thebrownblob

Then do it.
After you do we can wash that sin off in the sin pool.

How much hourly does your ass sittin money equate to a new hire wage.
Not bustin your balls, what you get, just can't understand why some of you retirees and older employees don't want the new guys to earn and reap what you have reaped.
Why wouldn’t they earn and reap? I spent eight years part time, then two years in progression before I went to To topscale. I’m not a fan of the 22.4 language but it is not a true two-tier system, there’s a path to RPCD. They are not stuck in the 22.4 classification forever. Most new people have less than a year or two in already when they start 22.4, nobody where I am as of yet has went more than 18 months as a 22.4 they effectively lost A little more than $.50 an hour in that time as opposed to being an RPCD. And they will be at top scale at least two or three years earlier than I was in their career. So they will have more earning potential than I did over the course of their career. Could it be better sure hopefully it gets better this next contract. For everyone.

Last edited: