Should I become a on car supervisor

Grey

Our on cars seem to be not very stressed. One who I know well has no intentions of moving up to eventually run the center or anything so he doesn't worry about that stuff. During peak he's been on road every day though. Never asked or heard what their salaries are.

PACNW

Our on cars seem to be not very stressed. One who I know well has no intentions of moving up to eventually run the center or anything so he doesn't worry about that stuff. During peak he's been on road every day though. Never asked or heard what their salaries are.

Salaries vary widely. I have 2 on road Sups whose salaries are over 20k apart. One is 30yrs in and retiring soon, the other got promoted a couple of years ago before he hit top scale. They threw what seemed like a lot of money at him, at least a big jump from where he was at in his progression. He bit and even with his MIP, he still doesn't come close to what the average driver makes.

You do make a little more for working in a Metro area. A guy that transfered from our small center to a big one was surprised to find they gave him a $500 per month bump.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you let these guys make the decision for you (on the internet), then you really were not a leader anyway.

by the way I was a driver for 10+ years and now have well over 10+ in management, when I compare them side by side my management position comes out on top.
I expect better out of you Dragon ... this guy is just having some fun.

BrownInTx

We had a 15 year driver who made the move. He lost 20% initially but more than made up for it in the long run.

You clearly do not have what it takes and should continue to use your back rather than your brain.

Your reply means very little. About just as much as the guys that are still pt on the belt that said I'd never stay pt unloading. I guess they where right in a way. ;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your reply means very little. About just as much as the guys that are still pt on the belt that said I'd never stay pt unloading. I guess they where right in a way. ;)

I couldn't care less whether you value my opinion or not. I am telling that based solely on what you have posted here you do not have what it takes to be an effective on car supervisor.

BrownInTx

I don't. Cover drivers half my age can't keep up.

That's a foolish way to work as a driver. I once was that dumb also. Ran them blind and ran under on every :censored2:ty route I ever covered. Always taking a 12-1. I enjoy watching guys like you. Need more stops ? Ok you got it. Nice job ! Use your back not your brain lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I couldn't care less whether you value my opinion or not. I am telling that based solely on what you have posted here you do not have what it takes to be an effective on car supervisor.

Pack a lunch, put your big boy pants on, come up here and I will show you the difference.

I don't. Cover drivers half my age can't keep up.

Go have a Snickers, Dave.

I had hoped you took a few days off to reconsider your attitude here. I was going to try to be nicer to you.

Obviously, I was wrong.