Should I become a on car supervisor

BrownInTx

Suppose the 20+ years were all as a driver---would you make the move if it were offered to you today?

To the OP---Dragon has the best post yet. He is spot on when he says that anymore who solicits the advice of strangers on the Internet before making such a decision does not have what it takes to be a leader.

Take care before putting pen to paper.

These remarks really do not mean much to me. When I first got hired on every other guy in the center told me I'd quit in a few months. 6 months in I was a tcd They where still on the belt loading. Scared to drive I assume.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
All the years I've been here, I've never seen so many guys quit as I had in the last couple of years.
I too are seeing and talking to some of the sups , they are looking for other jobs and if your hired now no pension included in they're salary. For that said 3 drivers during the worst peak ever didn't make it to dec 15 th. They were training them on a real confusing route

P

pickup

Well you guys have helped me make up my mind. Tomorrow I'm opting back into 9.5 and if I get any flack I will tighten up on my methods and make safety my first priority. I am also going to start filing grievances on the supervisors handling packages. I usually arrive a hour early to look over my car so this will make up for me having to correct my load. Well it will until the supervisors either make the loader do his job correctly or they quit doing hourly employees jobs. I'm excited to go to work tomorrow :)

oh great another guy who donates a free hour to the company. Do you skip your lunch too?

BrownInTx

oh great another guy who donates a free hour to the company. Do you skip your lunch too?

Oh hell no. 12-1 everyday for me. I do not care how heavy I am. If it isn't going to get done that's up to the supervisors to come get them stops or get my pickups

:)

P

pickup

Oh hell no. 12-1 everyday for me. I do not care how heavy I am. If it isn't going to get done that's up to the supervisors to come get them stops or get my pickups

:)

You should have the same attitude towards the hour you are donatingvto massaging your load before your start time. You might end up liking the job better if you either work one hour less or end up with an hour's extra pay every day.

BrownInTx

You should have the same attitude towards the hour you are donatingvto massaging your load before your start time. You might end up liking the job better if you either work one hour less or end up with an hour's extra pay every day.

I agree with you. I just really dislike what my body feels like every night. And in the summer in the rear of the car it's like 120 degrees.

Re-Raise

My wife graduated with a Business degree from UW-Madison. During our 25 years of marriage she has just about doubled my income most of those years.
A couple making a quarter mill a year is pretty rare. If you did it right investing, you guys should easily be multi-millionaires after 25 years together.

BrownInTx

And honestly If I didn't fix my load I would be out 2 hours longer Bc of all searching I'd do throughout the first few hours of work

3% per year before full retirement age penalty on their pension.
At 35 years, the full-retirement age drops from 65 to 60.
I worked until I was 58 for this reason ... amongst others.
I could have retired easily at 55 financially but I wasn't "emotionally" ready to quit working.
I am "emotionally" ready a while ago. Lol. Good for you Daddy Warbucks. Lol.

jaker

trolling
I agree with you. I just really dislike what my body feels like every night. And in the summer in the rear of the car it's like 120 degrees.
The more you post the more you sound like you need to go management

The bad is you got a very jaded view of what being a sup is, but it might not matter you might have the needs to be a sup since you are complaining already with only two years in

Suppose the 20+ years were all as a driver---would you make the move if it were offered to you today?

To the OP---Dragon has the best post yet. He is spot on when he says that anymore who solicits the advice of strangers on the Internet before making such a decision does not have what it takes to be a leader.

Take care before putting pen to paper.
But Dragon offered advice on the Internet also. Lol.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Idk if that makes it easier or harder lol

My last Oncar who quit UPS (there were 3) started as a preloader, then PDS, then Oncar, because he didn't want to wait for a driver job to open up. He was Oncar for 4 years, then became increasingly discouraged due to not having his ideas taken seriously.

The DM's don't usually want any suggestions from a lowly center manager or Oncar. Just yes men.

He finally quit in disgust, like the other two, when he found out there was no way to return to driving. He returned to college, trained for a different career, and started over financially. It's not an uncommon story.

The second guy was told he was being required to relocate (as a 17 year employee) and he refused. He purchased a sandwich shop and started over financially.

The third guy was sent to Alaska as a way of saying "thank you for speaking your mind" too often. He now enjoys a satisfying career in real estate. He started over financially.

As a bonus, a 4th guy, who went from car wash, to driver, to Oncar then center manager, was transferred to one the toughest centers in CA. Compton, I think? He now works for FedEx.

Sure, they know how to pick leaders out of the crowd. We've all seen how well they know how to pick them.

I have what it takes no doubt in my mind. And clearly after two different center managers have asked me to be an on car they think so also. It's entertaining to see what drivers say when they have very little actual experience. I appreciate dragon chiming in.
And this Dragon is certainly a center manager- it says so there under his picture. Lol.

Re-Raise

Going on 5 years. I believe this will be my third year ft. Mid 30s. Very green I know.
I don't know a single full-time employee at UPS who couldn't tell you the exact month and year that they gained seniority. It is too important for vacation selection or bidding routes. The fact that you "believe" this will be your third year ft, makes me now question your whole story.