Sups being told to get DOT's IMMEDIATELY, all projects on hold effective immediately

Trucker Clock

good luck with that, i was told from my local dmv that its a 90 day wait to schedule a appointment to get my license renew, i was fortunate enough that my license don't expire till Nov 16 so i can imagine the managers who don't have their D.O.T how long they would have to wait at their local dmw to get one

Ummm.....

You don't go to the DMV to get your DOT.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Waiting for trailer last night to wrap and the PT sup says to me we all told them we’re not coming in. I have another job. I’ll come in at my scheduled time in the afternoon but if you think I’m delivering packages all day you’re crazy.
That's pretty much the sentiment here.
Our preload sup told us he will supply the grill and buy the propane.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The Pilots and Mechanics will honor any picket line, but know they are replaceable.

There are A LOT of people wanting their high dollar jobs...They know this too and may not have the appetite for anything more than 5 days long.....

Probably the same thing for ground guys.

Good luck with that....

UPSmechanicinblue

The Pilots and Mechanics will honor any picket line, but know they are replaceable.

There are A LOT of people wanting their high dollar jobs...They know this too and may not have the appetite for anything more than 5 days long.....

Good luck with that....
UPS in michigan has a hard time finding auto mechanics that want to actually work to replace the ones the either left the company or retired and many sups do not like some they already have. We had to change from a 4 year progression to a 2 year for top rate

Yes they can
we can't even replace the bodies if we wanted, much less the skill loss

the Board level probably has fantasies of sorts somehow continuing to operate at a lower capacity but what's really going to happen are some buildings and hubs will basically shut down while others will squeak by at minimum capacity

what they're not considering is how fed up most management are about all this, if they think our PT management force are about to throw their lives away for UPS they have a huge surprise coming

then after this is over they'll scratch their heads and wonder why we operate like dog:censored2: for the next 5-10 years due to all the lost talent and skill

God I :censored2:ing hate the rich

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
UPS in michigan has a hard time finding auto mechanics that want to actually work to replace the ones the either left the company or retired and many sups do not like some they already have. We had to change from a 4 year progression to a 2 year for top rate
UPS Acft Mechanics (AMT's) top out at over $75.00/hour. There are literally thousands of AMT's that would take their jobs (AAL, UAL, SWA, etc.)

Good luck with that....
From what I understand, pilots are pretty loyal to each other. So many of the dream jobs are union that if they're labeled a "scab" they'll never get in the club.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I've wondered since that happened if it might have been caused by a trailer that was improperly loaded. I've never loaded a trailer myself, but I'm guessing they can be tippy if it isn't done right.
I would say that really would
good luck with that, i was told from my local dmv that its a 90 day wait to schedule a appointment to get my license renew, i was fortunate enough that my license don't expire till Nov 16 so i can imagine the managers who don't have their D.O.T how long they would have to wait at their local dmw to get one
What is referred to as “getting your D.O.T.” Is getting your physical to get the DOT medical card.

Right?

And if so, the DMV has nothing to do with it.

This
"He was qualified...he had his CDL..."

Only one of our feeder sups/mgrs has actually ever driven truck in real life. The others got their CDLs when they went to training, I'm not even sure how many are licensed to drive a manual.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
From what I understand, pilots are pretty loyal to each other. So many of the dream jobs are union that if they're labeled a "scab" they'll never get in the club.
LOL....Do you know how copper wire was invented? 2 pilots fighting over a penny. They are loyal, but not when $600K/Year is on the table for taking
we actually had them come visit us on the picket line they where in full uniform
Naturally...Maybe not after a week or 2...

We'll see.