Tentative Agreement is now Available

M

MenInBrown

Somebody help me out. I am looking through my contract book but can’t find the part about your daily guarantee of 8 hrs. I see the new language in 22.4, but what about the old language? I’m wondering if “as long as work is available” really means they can lay off RPCDs.

If even one 22.4 works, no RPCDs can be laid off.

But with “if work is available”, that’s the language they will show you when half of the RPCDs are laid off on Monday and Tuesday.

F

Frankie's Friend

Correct that language is a joke or am I reading it wrong (if you have 25 full time years in and under the age of 57) and for some medical or emergency reason decide to retire under the IBT/UPS formula you get less than a part timer for the same service years?

The part time (UPS Pension Plan) formula is wrong in the contract, read it 35 years X 60 = 2100 not 22.50 and they have professionals proof read these things. Also please read the fine print that extra 5 dollars starts in 2008 and not at your original seniority date. So all those part timers who have the time in you just got a 50 dollar a month bump on your pension benefits, full timers got a 500 increase under the IBT/UPS plan. We do not know about if there is any improvement with the retiree's Health and Welfare coverages, still thinking it will not change and be 300 dollars a month with spousal coverage.

I just scanned the agreement and it appears that an extra 50 cents per hour is going into the full timers Pension and Health and Welfare for a grand total of 1 dollar. The change I noticed is that part timers will only be getting an extra 30 cents into theirs? What that means besides saving the company contribution money I have no clue. Also the last two years of the contract the Health and Welfare plans if needed can get into your monetary pension increases if costs skyrocket.

The formula for the IBT/UPS plan for those with 20 years of service and 60 will not go up sit did from the last contract. It is stuck at 175 for the next five years. During the proposal talks in my local I asked that it would be stated in the Master the exact monetary contributions that would be going weekly into our Pension and Health and Welfare plans. It was done previous in past contracts clearly stated..Why isn't it now? Last I heard it is over 400 per full time employee in each (800+ total), a lot of money. Please before you vote research it out and decide if you are getting your money's worth with this contract.

We also have to see how UPS Freight and the Chicago locals are doing with their negotiations by the end of this week. I do not expect much from the supplements considering it would be the same people who negotiated this contract, hope to be pleasantly surprised but I am a realist and see this one as rehash 2013 or worst 1982.
20180711_073744.jpg

Gaintain

“As long as there’s work available” is very concerning. But in my center that Saturday work doesn’t really seem to effect layoffs on Mondays. :censored2: they beg Tues-Sat guys to come in on Mondays & get paid double time. So not sure sure the new 22.4 guys on Sunday will run down Tuesday work like that too. Can’t call it......But :censored2: it...voting NO.

Last edited:
M

MenInBrown

“As long as there’s work available” is very concerning. But in my center that Saturday work doesn’t really seem to effect layoffs on Monday layoffs. :censored2: they beg Tues-Sat guys to come in on Mondays & get paid double time. So not sure sure the new 22.4 guys on Sunday will run down Tuesday work like that too. Can’t call it......But :censored2: it...voting NO.

Just wait till the weekend guys are being paid with peanuts.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Has anybody noticed that with the 20,000 new full time jobs that none of then will be created in the first year of the contract. In other words go changes in the current Tuesday through Saturday schedule for a year or 18 months for the lower seniority RPCDs, maybe it will take them that much time to create a 7 day, 24 hour package delivery program. It is kind of funny considering that in the first year of this contract no extra monetary contributions will be going into the Teamster's controlled Pension and Health and Welfare plans.

F

Frankie's Friend

“As long as there’s work available” is very concerning. But in my center that Saturday work doesn’t really seem to effect layoffs on Monday layoffs.
Do you suppose the company scaled back the work to conceal the upcoming possibility that ft drivers will get laid off at a higher percentage if this passes?

You know who we're dealing with.

upschuck

I'd be surprised if no one has asked you this yet, but if not, I will. Give me an honest answer.

What do you think was the company's intent in the language behind 22.4 drivers not being covered by 9.5 protections, in conjunction with the "as long as work is available" language that was added to the 40 hours a week, 8 hours a day guarantee for RPCDs?
It should read " No rpcd driver shall be laid off or displaced when any 22.4 driver is on road" and not "in building" subsection 4

govols019

You smell that?
The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS Plan for determining eligibility for the benefits in this section and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset.

Ha ha....

Bunch of idiots.

Nothing changed

Because people were concerned about losing a big portion of their pension due to the all but inevitable collapse of Central States that makes them an idiot? Wow...screw you.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Because people were concerned about losing a big portion of their pension due to the all but inevitable collapse of Central States that makes them an idiot?

You mean all the people that don't bother to vote, or have even been to a Union meeting ?

I was at the 2-man committee for that contract and know what was said and the

questions that were asked. Allowing UPS to pay their withdraw liability and start their

own pension plan was contingent on that provision. I still have all my hand-written notes

from that very meeting. All you have to do are read the comments on this forum and, it's

readily apparent how ill informed the membership really is. And it's their own fault.

Screw me ?

I'll stand by what I said, with almost 40yrs of experience to back me up.

Besides.... I have had people say a lot worse to me.:biggrin:

-Bug-