Tool talk

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I disagree. I purchased ONLY bulk for a long time thinking it was cheaper/better. Once I became enlightened to the fact that the Lowes (I hate lowes btw) bags ,on sale, were cheaper it was my go to. The bag mulch is far easier to deploy .Its dry and easier to handle and spread . I even used it to cover a shallow grave that I dug for my wife and it was a breeze to cover her in Lowes mulch. She woke up and was not amused . Gotta keep in practice:speechless2:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I disagree. I purchased ONLY bulk for a long time thinking it was cheaper/better. Once I became enlightened to the fact that the Lowes (I hate lowes btw) bags ,on sale, were cheaper it was my go to. The bag mulch is far easier to deploy .Its dry and easier to handle and spread . I even used it to cover a shallow grave that I dug for my wife and it was a breeze to cover her in Lowes mulch. She woke up and was not amused . Gotta keep in practice:speechless2:
Fastest, most economical way to do mulch.

EnviroColor CB0032 851612002032 2,400 Sq. Ft. Cocoa Brown Mulch Color Concentrate, 2400 Square Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QB1MEVA/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_GGSK5Q820KHPGT8FM9JV

oldngray

nowhere special
Who knows.

Every mulch product you buy now is just dyed junk wood really.

Old pallets, limbs, and stumps.

They dump it all into a tub grinder, dye it and call it bark mulch.
I had a big mulch plant on my route and they ground up any crap wood they could get their hands on.

And the reason the mulch you buy at a lot of places is crap is because it isn't Grade A mulch. It won't say anywhere on the bag so you have to trust who you are buying it from.

rod

Retired 23 years
1651448568052.png

rod

Retired 23 years
See the label? "Briggs & Darwin"
Gotta be one of the worst ideas ever. Can't fix stupid.
I actually think it would work on small trees - 3/4 of an inch or less. It's basically nothing more than one of those brush saws you can buy--only it has wheels instead of a harness you wear. I would let the wife test it out.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I actually think it would work on small trees - 3/4 of an inch or less. It's basically nothing more than one of those brush saws you can buy--only it has wheels instead of a harness you wear. I would let the wife test it out.

Damn if that's not funny as hell! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If I were you I'd make money. That's expensive wood.
The Cherry and Maple on the bottom were $6-7 a board foot. The darkest, that Henge, was $20. Walnut runs about $16. The Purple Heart, Orange Osage, and Yellow Heart is pretty wood. That's $225 worth, exotic wood is expensive.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
20220511_150555.jpg

Got the $190 shock mounts installed.

20220511_150613.jpg

Got the engine running. Replaced the carburetor, air filter, fuel line and filter, and the 18" pull cord with 5' of pull chord. Rehomed a big ol' spider that was living under the retractor cover. Running pretty good now.

20220511_150607.jpg

The $300 clutch is missing a spring. This model is old enough that I can't find the parts list. After checking around at a few local parts places and scouring the internet, I think I have found a match. For those who don't know, if you don't have a manufacturer or part number, good luck finding a replacement spring.

The springs have a hard to see red paint on them, so I looked up "red clutch spring". Found a spring for a GE clutch designed for go karts and dirt bikes. I looked up the clutch, and the internal parts look just like mine, but has a sprocket instead of a pulley. So, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they'll match. Otherwise I'm dumping another $300 to get a new clutch, which would put me pretty close to break-even on how much I think I could sell this thing for. But it's been a fun project to work on with my daughter.