Union is done

710 steward

There is power in numbers.

Stone

In spirit I agree with you. My center and other centers have tried and tried to get even better 9.5 language and other language into 710's contract. We have had serious numbers and the leadership won't even consider bringing it up for negotiation. We have all had our BA stand up and tell us we aren't willing to negotiate a separate contract. That's the honest truth. I have seen it with my own eyes. I supported the old guard go over 20 years but it's time for a serious change.

Big Bad Wolf

My wages are reduced by additional co-pays and deductibles. The wage increase will only help pay for these additional health care cost. In areas where the health care changed from U.P.S. to Teamcare. It will be like no wage increases at all if you have to go to the Dr.

Sent using BrownCafe App
And your sure of this? Are you sick? Sorry.

Did I blow your house down?

Stonefish

Stone

In spirit I agree with you. My center and other centers have tried and tried to get even better 9.5 language and other language into 710's contract. We have had serious numbers and the leadership won't even consider bringing it up for negotiation. We have all had our BA stand up and tell us we aren't willing to negotiate a separate contract. That's the honest truth. I have seen it with my own eyes. I supported the old guard go over 20 years but it's time for a serious change.
Sorry to hear that

Big Bad Wolf

Wolfie

Please learn to read. He didn't, he worked and paid dues for 30 years. Because he looks at what has happened and now second guesses the circumstances doesn't make this person a scab. From this point on please read, comprehend, and then respond. Ask someone if you don't understand simple English.
He couldn't make it clearer. If he knew then what he knows now, he'd rather work as a SCAB! Can you reread what he wrote. Or are you in favor of the SCABS? Say it with me.....SSSSCCCCAAAABBBB

teamster 804

I'm sure the 250 appreciated KH going up there to get them back. At least I hope they do
That was his job to represent Teamsters.That is why they get our dues to do there job.It was also his job to help negotiate the locals problems with supplement not shove it down there throat when the vote no ratio was so incredibly high.

Stonefish

That was his job to represent Teamsters.That is why they get our dues to do there job.It was also his job to help negotiate the locals problems with supplement not shove it down there throat when the vote no ratio was so incredibly high.
I agree with your first and second sentence. He did the job he was paid to do. Why would you want to get rid of him for that?
As far as the rest of your quote "he" didn't shove it down their throat. The national negotiating committee comprised of people from all over the country it wasn't KH all alone making that decision.

710 steward

He couldn't make it clearer. If he knew then what he knows now, he'd rather work as a SCAB! Can you reread what he wrote. Or are you in favor of the SCABS? Say it with me.....SSSSCCCCAAAABBBB

It doesn't matter what he says. It didn't happen. Don't blame the people. Blame the government for allowing big business to mean more than Joe taxpayer the employee. The guy that sends his kids to the local school and pays their real estate taxes. Instead weak state governments who give in to companies with huge tax breaks, lower wages, and at will work rules. This person is anything but a scab. You on the other hand label people what you fear the most.

Big Bad Wolf

It doesn't matter what he says. It didn't happen. Don't blame the people. Blame the government for allowing big business to mean more than Joe taxpayer the employee. The guy that sends his kids to the local school and pays their real estate taxes. Instead weak state governments who give in to companies with huge tax breaks, lower wages, and at will work rules. This person is anything but a scab. You on the other hand label people what you fear the most.
I blame the scab.
I only fear little Red Ridinghood or a little pig. I guess it's one in the same.

teamster 804

I agree with your first and second sentence. He did the job he was paid to do. Why would you want to get rid of him for that?
As far as the rest of your quote "he" didn't shove it down their throat. The national negotiating committee comprised of people from all over the country it wasn't KH all alone making that decision.
Ok who pushed the supplements through that were getting voted down.Are you trying to say it did not come from the top.Now any local that gets trashed in there supplement in the future might as well just vote it in because they are going to be forced to take it like it or not if nobody is going to back them up.Local 89's supplement was voted down 2804 no to 185 yes, obviously there was a big problem with there supplement correct!!! So who shoved that supplement down there throat.

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
You claim you don't care who sits in the big seat, well look at what just happened to them 3 locals. Just line your pockets is all you seem concerned about. What makes the Union weak is when people like you don't stand up and back other members who are fighting for their rights which are being trampled. Maybe in your local a lot of the uninformed voted yes out of fear of a strike.
Maybe you have a few brain cells still thinking clearly, Yes UPS makes a lot of money. How do they make it? From everyone like yourself, If your overtime was cut out and only went to 40 hours weekly I doubt very much you would make as much as lawyers as you claim. I am not upset about teamcare because for your information I will not be on it. And I am not calling it the end times, I am saying that if the pattern continues with these contracts a concession here and a concession there , eventually you won't have much to bargain with. After you put in over 25 -30 years you can look back at the benifits you started with and the benefits you end up with. By then you will grasp what I have been stating all along. And if you care an ounce towards your Union Brother/Sisters futures then you will be by that time warning the younger ones coming up like the Senior Drivers/Clerks/ Feeders/Porters that warned me over 30 years ago.

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
I am a 30 plus year upser from one of the locals that is having their rights being taken away. The three big reasons we voted down the supplement were hourly wages (they do not keep up with cost of living/inflation) which means our paychecks will be of less value each of the next four years, full time jobs(we have people who are reg/temps for 14 years meaning they don't qualify for the pension), and being forced into teamcare. I understand that many upsers were already under teamcare. We sympathize with those brothers and sisters that have been forced to navigate their way through a healthcare that is run by the IBT. I believe we can all agree that the IBT is incompetent when it comes to running anything that involves money. The pension fund is a perfect example. Retirees (who don't have a vote) were paying $50 a month for healthcare under conditions of the previous contract. Now they have to pay $300 a month. That's $600 per year compared to $3600. Also, starting 2018, all upsers under teamcare have to pay the first $1000 per person, $2000 per family out of their pocket. What was $600 per family before is now $5600. That's very significant. Basically, that's $5000 per year that will be paid by their pension income, all while the company posted record profits of $4.5 billion last year and is projected to make record profits each of the next four years. The reason we rejected the master and the supplement was because we felt that we should not have to give back benefits that we EARNED. Lastly, UPS likes to say that their people are the best paid in the industry. We are also the lowest. How can that be? NO ONE does what we do. No one comes close. Not FedEx, the USPS...............nobody. My wife is a 15 year fedex express driver. She starts a 6 am, loads her own car until 8 am and finishes at around 2:30 pm with about 70-90 stops. That's a half days work at UPS. UPSers should never be compared to anyone else in the industry, and now we will make concessions for the next 4 plus years. It's shamefull.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
If everyone had that attitude the terrible conditions you speak of would be exponentially worse, and you most likely couldn't afford to retire.

Where in my post did I mention anything about terrible conditions? And why would any of my benefits change? I would only not get the (NON) backing of the great Teamster Union for any time I did anything wrong. I kept my nose clean throughout my career.

As for the scab comment, RTW states help me out here, do you treat the non union members any differently in your hub?

Stonefish

Ok who pushed the supplements through that were getting voted down.Are you trying to say it did not come from the top.Now any local that gets trashed in there supplement in the future might as well just vote it in because they are going to be forced to take it like it or not if nobody is going to back them up.Local 89's supplement was voted down 2804 no to 185 yes, obviously there was a big problem with there supplement correct!!! So who shoved that supplement down there throat.
Take a deep breath, relax and read what I posted again.

Irishman Collins

And your sure of this? Are you sick? Sorry.

We have gone through the schedule of benefits and in almost every scenario we will pay more for our coverage. Why do you think so many people have been pissed off about this change in health care?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

I am a 30 plus year upser from one of the locals that is having their rights being taken away. The three big reasons we voted down the supplement were hourly wages (they do not keep up with cost of living/inflation) which means our paychecks will be of less value each of the next four years, full time jobs(we have people who are reg/temps for 14 years meaning they don't qualify for the pension), and being forced into teamcare. I understand that many upsers were already under teamcare. We sympathize with those brothers and sisters that have been forced to navigate their way through a healthcare that is run by the IBT. I believe we can all agree that the IBT is incompetent when it comes to running anything that involves money. The pension fund is a perfect example. Retirees (who don't have a vote) were paying $50 a month for healthcare under conditions of the previous contract. Now they have to pay $300 a month. That's $600 per year compared to $3600. Also, starting 2018, all upsers under teamcare have to pay the first $1000 per person, $2000 per family out of their pocket. What was $600 per family before is now $5600. That's very significant. Basically, that's $5000 per year that will be paid by their pension income, all while the company posted record profits of $4.5 billion last year and is projected to make record profits each of the next four years. The reason we rejected the master and the supplement was because we felt that we should not have to give back benefits that we EARNED. Lastly, UPS likes to say that their people are the best paid in the industry. We are also the lowest. How can that be? NO ONE does what we do. No one comes close. Not FedEx, the USPS...............nobody. My wife is a 15 year fedex express driver. She starts a 6 am, loads her own car until 8 am and finishes at around 2:30 pm with about 70-90 stops. That's a half days work at UPS. UPSers should never be compared to anyone else in the industry, and now we will make concessions for the next 4 plus years. It's shamefull.
Anytime your wife wants to compare paychecks, benefits and pension, I'd be glad to.