Union is done

Inthegame

Now tell them how long it will take to get the grievance heard locally?
Then after it is deadlocked and the mandatory company hold at the state panel 2-3 more months pass.
Then it is deadlocked to the regional JAC to be heard three months later, because no state panel will rule on such an important, possibly precedence setting issue.
Then the quarterly JAC hears the griavance and puts it on committee hold for 3 more months.
It's only at that subsequent JAC panel, that the matter is referred back to parties for final resolution, bringing the issue full circle and putting it right back on square one.
Of course if your fortunate enough to have it deadlocked again to the National level, it could be another 6 months, or even years if they decide to arbitrate.
Yea, it's a great system
Hearing a grievance locally is your locals issue, no one else to blame there. Now if you were only fortunate enough to be in the Central, you’d get your issues resolved with lightning speed.

It’ll take time Bubblehead, but at least we now have teeth in the process.

Retirees (who don't have a vote) were paying $50 a month for healthcare under conditions of the previous contract. Now they have to pay $300 a month. That's $600 per year compared to $3600. Also, starting 2018, all upsers under teamcare have to pay the first $1000 per person, $2000 per family out of their pocket. What was $600 per family before is now $5600. That's very significant. Basically, that's $5000 per year that will be paid by their pension income, all while the company posted record profits of $4.5 billion last year and is projected to make record profits each of the next four years.

30 yrs.......You see the Truth behind UPS's plan for the future of it's current and retired empolyees, Why anyone would be happy about their future and be defending this contract is beyond me. Yes their are people out there that would love to have our problems the way the economy is today, but the problems out in our country today are for the most caused by Company GREED, Bloated salaries, cut costs to reward shareholders etc. If the company you work for exceeds yearly making GREAT profits then the ones who generate it for them should share some of the rewards. Ford recently gave a nice bonus ck to their workers, How do you think they feel today? Duh...like my efforts are appreciated..Hello!!! They take pride in their work and will be a happier group overall knowing that the Board recognizes their value to the bottom line..

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/union-is-done.355939/page-13#ixzz30Cmv27zj
So basically what you are saying is you are kinda mad?

Stonefish

Then after it is deadlocked and the mandatory company hold at the state panel 2-3 more months pass.
Then it is deadlocked to the regional JAC to be heard three months later, because no state panel will rule on such an important, possibly precedence setting issue.
Then the quarterly JAC hears the griavance and puts it on committee hold for 3 more months.
It's only at that subsequent JAC panel, that the matter is referred back to parties for final resolution, bringing the issue full circle and putting it right back on square one.
Of course if your fortunate enough to have it deadlocked again to the National level, it could be another 6 months, or even years if they decide to arbitrate.
Yea, it's a great system
Getting grievances heard locally is a local issue and there are rules of procedure for the panels regarding placing cases on hold. Do you agree?

Yea, it's a great system
If your local isn't hearing your grievances you should vote them out.

10 point

BA’s are under a performance based system already. Unlike your CBA protected job, they’re at will on a three year clock.
My job is scrutinized by performance in many areas.
"Standards" is not one of them.
Service (failures), safety (accidents), and attendance record to name a few.

The Milkman

So basically what you are saying is you are kinda mad?

Not Mad, This will affect you someday.It is your future Pal. 3 more yrs from now I will be on SS so it does not really affect me so much as it will be for future retirees like yourself. So by the time you retire the way things are going you may have to be a greeter at Walmart to make ends meet. Concessions eventually will have everyone paying a lot more than today or even 3 yrs from now. Then maybe just maybe you will be thinking about your previous votes to givebacks each and every contract while you are handing out more and more of your hard earned pension check towards healthcare benefits while UPS is raking in Billions off your back. Sounds Great doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
This will affect you someday.It is your future Pal. 3 more yrs from now I will be on SS so it does not really affect me so much as it will be for future retirees like yourself. So by the time you retire the way things are going you may have to be a greeter at Walmart to make ends meet. Concessions eventually will have everyone paying a lot more than today or even 3 yrs from now. Then maybe just maybe you will be thinking about your previous votes to givebacks each and every contract while you are handing out more and more of your hard earned pension check towards healthcare benefits while UPS is raking in Billions off your back. Sounds Great doesn't it?
It was just a question. You better relax or you'll have a stroke on teamcare.

Last edited by a moderator:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not Mad, This will affect you someday.It is your future Pal. 3 more yrs from now I will be on SS so it does not really affect me so much as it will be for future retirees like yourself. So by the time you retire the way things are going you may have to be a greeter at Walmart to make ends meet. Concessions eventually will have everyone paying a lot more than today or even 3 yrs from now. Then maybe just maybe you will be thinking about your previous votes to givebacks each and every contract while you are handing out more and more of your hard earned pension check towards healthcare benefits while UPS is raking in Billions off your back. Sounds Great doesn't it?
Walmart doesn't have greeters anymore.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My retirement plan doesn't include a budget for 50$ health insurance. A grand is more realistic.

ncupser82

I don't get you! Your on these forums trying to stir up trouble and you're not even a dues paying member of the union...???

Sent using BrownCafe App