Air Driving Question

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No brag, just facts. LOL. What 60's TV show did that come from?

1000012644.jpg

Brownt10

Employee A is a part-time bid air driver with 5 years seniority.
Employee B is a full-time air driver with 3 years seniority.

They both report on their scheduled work day.
Management says they're only allowed to use one driver.

Who gets the work and why?
Going through the exact same situation as a FT air driver along with 3 others & for some reason the part time air drivers get to go out on road while we stay in the building racking bags. Shouldn’t us full timers get priority to go on road? If so where is that in the new contract?

PT Car Washer

Going through the exact same situation as a FT air driver along with 3 others & for some reason the part time air drivers get to go out on road while we stay in the building racking bags. Shouldn’t us full timers get priority to go on road? If so where is that in the new contract?
PT air drivers work under Art 40. Art 40 supersedes all other Articles in the contract.

542thruNthru

So I’m a 22.3 (preload/air delivery) and my inside rate did not change with all the preloaders who now make $23hr. Anyone making less than $23hr got a raise. It’s not permanent and after peak they will do what they did last year & drop the pay. But for the next 3 months they are making more than me.

I understand I could bid a route but I do this job for the schedule. I’m expected to do the same work & be on time but don’t get a raise in pay.

I talked to my business agent & he thinks it’s screwed up too but said bc it’s not in the contract & it’s something the company wants to do they can when it comes to giving more money. Any advice on this?

Just thought he was talking about 22.3 in general
332afe12-283b-4eee-b2d8-01e5a387a5cc_text.gif

tenor-18.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are these air drivers delivering only "air exception packages"?

....and are you a true "full-time air driver", or hold a 22.3 job you're laid off from with air driving content?

Last edited: