Bathroom

PPH_over_9000

So hey, this might be a dumb question but it came to mind reading this thread:

When should you enter in your break if you stop at a gas station/convenience store throughout the day? I enter the time in the second I stop my truck at my destination, regardless of whether it's in between stops or I have to go, at most, a mile out of my way.

I've always been told to never move the package car while on break. Have I been entering it in correctly or am I opening myself up to some kind of discipline?

charm299

So hey, this might be a dumb question but it came to mind reading this thread:

When should you enter in your break if you stop at a gas station/convenience store throughout the day? I enter the time in the second I stop my truck at my destination, regardless of whether it's in between stops or I have to go, at most, a mile out of my way.

I've always been told to never move the package car while on break. Have I been entering it in correctly or am I opening myself up to some kind of discipline?
You’re not suppose to code out until after you order your food, hope that helps.

El Correcto

god is dead
Pulled into office today for pulling into a gas station for a bathroom break yesterday afternoon . Did not code out break and center manager is accusing me of stealing time.
You weren’t pulled into the office for that. You were probably pulled in for being a dick they don’t like. They only follow dicks around and harass them. Trust me I’m a dick and know these games.

clean hairy

Would management have spoken to a Female employee about the same issue?
After all, it should be equal for both genders....

Last edited:

rod

Retired 23 years
The law says they can't fire you or penalize you for going to the bathroom, unless you do so excessively and it affects your performance as a result.

The Fair Labor Standards Act says employers must pay workers for breaks shorter than 20 minutes.

OSHA says employers can't enforce unreasonable restrictions on bathroom use.

Threatening to discipline you for going to the bathroom is a violation of state and federal labor laws.

The manager in this case is an idiot.
That I'd have to see in black and white.

El Correcto

god is dead
I remember being such a :censored2:ing :censored2: to management for about my first two years with the company. I would go out of my way to cause them as many head aches as possible and talk :censored2: to them in front of other drivers in their office. Tell them they don’t know how to do their job and they should quit(they told me this on a fairly regular basis, even the center manager had screamed at me one morning during an argument I should just quit.)

ride alongs were openly hostile and I had many of them, like they rode with me like 6 or 7 times a year just to come talk :censored2: to me basically while I tried to work. They were even giving me intent to terminates over stupid :censored2: like orion miles that would basically be a Hail Mary.
Was kind of funny went up to two intent to terminate over Orion, getting the second one I told them they were suppose to fire me last week.
Honestly, I wish I had remained more respectful to them and not given them the time of day and just done my job the best I could following the rules. All these petty feuds ain’t worth it and taking their bs personally ain’t worth it. Stick up for yourself, file grievances and be nothing less than a professional while doing so. They will leave you alone like they left me alone.(after going through a couple management teams)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Was literally in and out - Less then 5 min.. ever since I filed a grievance against a warning letter he’s been aiming for my job
It really doesn’t matter as long as you weren’t taking a half hour dump.

Same crap happened to me awhile back. This is your one warning next time I will have no choice but to fire you. I just kept telling him he was wrong which pissed him off even more. I offered to write down OSHA number fit him if he’d like to verify that he didn’t have a leg to stand on.

I’ve continued to do the same thing ever since and never heard another word.