Bathroom

ManInBrown

If they call you in the office to discuss package selection time. You’re taking too long. Take the DIAD in the back with you at every stop. Ten seconds goes by and you can’t find packages, send message with address and pal number. I can’t find package. Still looking. Ten more seconds. Still looking for package. Delayed at address so and so because I’m in the back looking for packages. Can’t find. If they bother you about return to building time, starting at 6pm send them an updated ETA every ten minutes.

And then if they call you in the office about the messages, tell them you wanted to keep them apprised of the package selection situation. Keep them in the loop.

I’ve said it 100 times on here. UPS on road management loves suckers. They love nail biting scaredy cats. They’re easy prey to satisfy their boss. They call them up and tell them to get in somebody’s arse. Make an example out of somebody, guess who they’re coming for first. You‘d be amazed. Stand up for yourself and give them sheet right back, of course don’t cross the line, and watch how fast they let you just go about your day and go home and 95% of the BS stops. Not everybody has it in them.

Last edited:

Siveriano

If they call you in the office to discuss package selection time. You’re taking too long. Take the DIAD in the back with you at every stop. Ten seconds goes by and you can’t find packages, send message with address and pal number. I can’t find package. Still looking. Ten more seconds. Still looking for package. Delayed at address so and so because I’m in the back looking for packages. Can’t find. If they bother you about return to building time, starting at 6pm send them an updated ETA every ten minutes.

And then if they call you in the office about the messages, tell them you wanted to keep them apprised of the package selection situation. Keep them in the loop.

I’ve said it 100 times on here. UPS on road management loves suckers. They love nail biting scaredy cats. They’re easy prey to satisfy their boss. They call them up and tell them to get in somebody’s arse. Make an example out of somebody, guess who they’re coming for first. You‘d be amazed. Stand up for yourself and give them sheet right back, of course don’t cross the line, and watch how fast they let you just go about your day and go home and 95% of the BS stops. Not everybody has it in them.
This is what it is.
I remember when on packages some driver will be like "oh no, im too scare, what if they start following me" when ill be like "hey are you gonna send a sup to follow me? Could you tell him to bring me a gatorade or something"

I know staying out of the radar work for some but if you are already on their radar you want to make sure they look the other way when it comes to you, make them fear you (by doing the right thing).
Before i left to feeders it was to a point when they will call me apart in the morning to tell me how "heavy" my route was and that they will send help asap, while there were drivers crying to get some stops off management was crying for me to just do my fair day of work.

The satisfaction you get when a runner comes b1tching to get stops off you at 5pm and he has 210 stops done while you only have 140 done.

ManInBrown

This is what it is.
I remember when on packages some driver will be like "oh no, im too scare, what if they start following me" when ill be like "hey are you gonna send a sup to follow me? Could you tell him to bring me a gatorade or something"

I know staying out of the radar work for some but if you are already on their radar you want to make sure they look the other way when it comes to you, make them fear you (by doing the right thing).
Before i left to feeders it was to a point when they will call me apart in the morning to tell me how "heavy" my route was and that they will send help asap, while there were drivers crying to get some stops off management was crying for me to just do my fair day of work.

The satisfaction you get when a runner comes b1tching to get stops off you at 5pm and he has 210 stops done while you only have 140 done.
Yup. Same here. They used to direct a crybaby runner gunner cover all my pickups for me 3-4 nights a week. Buddy told me saw the driver in the office one morning beetching and moaning “Why do I have to cover so and so pickups every night” it’s amazing how runners never learn. There’s only one thing you get in package when you finish at 6pm. More work. There’s two solutions to that issue. Either finish at 8:15 every night, or man up, get on the 9.5 and bury them in grievances.

Your state L and I laws probably cover bathroom breaks. Never an issue here because UPS doesn’t want extra fines.

Restroom breaks​

Employees must be provided “reasonable access” to bathrooms and toilet facilities. Employers cannot restrict use of bathroom or toilet facilities to rigid time schedules (e.g., only during scheduled breaks), or impose unreasonable time use restrictions.

oldngray

nowhere special
gifdump_3464_27.gif

Faceplanted

You only have to code break if you buy something. Bathroom is not break. But of you buy cigarette you code 1 min break while your in line.
Not true. Your employer is supposed is supposed to provide you with water per osha. Ups does not give me a big sweet cooler, or bottles of water. You can stop on the clock and get water.