Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
dilli, I understand that, I am just wondering if the travel agent's price includes everything like taxes, port charges, fuel charges, etc. Carnival's website quotes a lower price, but it leaves all the extra fees out. We get e-mails, phone calls, and mailings from Carnival all the time wanting us to book another cruise, I am just trying to figure out the best deal.

Last edited:

helenofcalifornia

So when you reserve a room for $250, What should you ask for specifically? What floor (deck), what part of the ship, etc.? I am going to reserve a room next weekend (union dues on this week's check), and for sure don't want to make a rookie cruise mistake on the reservations.

And UPS Lifer, you and your wife should definitely go. I know, I know, the struggle of going from months on Maui to a cruise off Florida. Oh, the problems you face with so many choices in retirement. It would be a pleasure to put a face to the name of a man of whose opinion I have grown to respect.

(Damn, I hope I get this April cruise week off next year!!)

over9five

Staff member
If in Windows, click start, click "run", type in "charmap" and look for it there. It will give you the Alt+#### code for it, as well.

Just got around to trying that, thanks!

Brown Café

blasé

Hey, it works copy and paste. Can't seem to do the alt+ way tho.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So when you reserve a room for $250, What should you ask for specifically? What floor (deck), what part of the ship, etc.?

I would recommend spending a little extra and getting a balcony. Any one would be good. The only ones to avoid would be directly next to, over, or under places like bars, elevators, kitchens, or any other noisy place. These ships are pretty quiet at night, and the beds are very comfortable. These cabins are quieter and you have more privacy. On sea days or entering and leaving ports, the pool area and top decks get a little crowded. Its nice to order room service and sit out there and watch the sun rise or set.

UPSNewbie

I would recommend spending a little extra and getting a balcony. Any one would be good. The only ones to avoid would be directly next to, over, or under places like bars, elevators, kitchens, or any other noisy place. These ships are pretty quiet at night, and the beds are very comfortable. These cabins are quieter and you have more privacy. On sea days or entering and leaving ports, the pool area and top decks get a little crowded. Its nice to order room service and sit out there and watch the sun rise or set.

Or watch the DEA chase a runner-boat. :funny:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did you check the hold for booty?

It had been there a couple of years, if anything was in there it would have been too wet to smoke! I got some pics somewhere, I took one of those cheap Fuji waterproof cameras with me. That water was crystal clear and about 50 feet deep.

This will be a great cruise, I hope that everyone that can go will make it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So when you reserve a room for $250, What should you ask for specifically? What floor (deck), what part of the ship, etc.? I am going to reserve a room next weekend (union dues on this week's check), and for sure don't want to make a rookie cruise mistake on the reservations.

And UPS Lifer, you and your wife should definitely go. I know, I know, the struggle of going from months on Maui to a cruise off Florida. Oh, the problems you face with so many choices in retirement. It would be a pleasure to put a face to the name of a man of whose opinion I have grown to respect.

(Damn, I hope I get this April cruise week off next year!!)
Amy has a section set aside for us. She can tell you what area so you can look on-line to see where you will be. It's deck 7.

UPSNewbie

And Steve, does this mean that somehow you have to keep this cruise thread active with new info until April 2010? That will be a job.

I think there should be a sticky, which would be closed in which only mods can add/subtract information. Such as time, contact info, and who is going/might be going.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think there should be a sticky, which would be closed in which only mods can add/subtract information. Such as time, contact info, and who is going/might be going.
I asked Cheryl about this some time back but as yet haven't heard anything. A locked sticky with just the info and who's going would be perfect. that way no one could post into it.