Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
dilli, I understand that, I am just wondering if the travel agent's price includes everything like taxes, port charges, fuel charges, etc. Carnival's website quotes a lower price, but it leaves all the extra fees out. We get e-mails, phone calls, and mailings from Carnival all the time wanting us to book another cruise, I am just trying to figure out the best deal.

Yes Scratch, it's all included except tips and that stuff.

Did you check the hold for booty?

I would have, but sexy beat me to it. Just kidding, sexy.:wink2:

I don't know our deck # but it is called the "upper deck" on the DECK PLANS page for Carnival Valor. The area already book by 3 or 4 of us over looks the Atrium America. I think there were 6 cabins booked so far for our group, when I talked to Amy. Amy is very nice and helpful and willing to answer any questions you may have. If she doesn't know the answer she will find out.
We (my wife and I) wanted a balcony cabin because I wake up usually a couple of hours before her and it will be nice to have the balcony to set and drink coffee while I wait for her to get up. Some people don't send enough waking time in the cabin to self justify a balcony or suite, to each his/her own.
I urge anyone even thinking about going to visit the CRUISE CRITIC website, you can get alot of info from just reading their message boards.

Ms.PacMan

dilli, I understand that, I am just wondering if the travel agent's price includes everything like taxes, port charges, fuel charges, etc. Carnival's website quotes a lower price, but it leaves all the extra fees out. We get e-mails, phone calls, and mailings from Carnival all the time wanting us to book another cruise, I am just trying to figure out the best deal.

The group rate for a balcony is for category 8B and that has actually gone up on Carnival's website. $949 + taxes. The Early Saver rate about the same as the group rate but the deposit is non-refundable.

So when you reserve a room for $250, What should you ask for specifically? What floor (deck), what part of the ship, etc.? I am going to reserve a room next weekend (union dues on this week's check), and for sure don't want to make a rookie cruise mistake on the reservations.

Amy reserved a block of cabins just for a guarantee but I think you can reserve any room (any category, any deck) and she will just figure out the price for you using the group rate. I believe that is what Amy did for Cheryl, Cheryl picked an aft (back of the ship) balcony cabin.

What kind of room do you want Helen?

Hoax - are you still thinking about getting a 9A aft wraparound balcony? FYI - Those will go really fast.

Here is a nice post on "secret" cabins on Conquest class ships. :)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are on deck 7 - Empress Deck. I asked Amy if we can open partitions between cabin balconies. This was her response,
"I called Carnival about the balcony partitions and it seems that the only way to book two
Cabin together with the balcony partitions are the double cabins (2 people per cabin"

This would be a cool option to consider.

Ms.PacMan

We are on deck 7 - Empress Deck. I asked Amy if we can open partitions between cabin balconies. This was her response,
"I called Carnival about the balcony partitions and it seems that the only way to book two
Cabin together with the balcony partitions are the double cabins (2 people per cabin"

This would be a cool option to consider.

If the cabins are next to each other you just have to ask the cabin steward to unlock the partition.

over9five

Staff member
Oh, the things I've seen being done on those balconies!

(You may want to keep that partition closed and locked!!!!)

helenofcalifornia

OK, I have seen this smiley soooo... many times and don't know what it means. It's the smiley Ms. just used, the smiley with the glasses on holding up a rabbit with rabbit ears in front of himself. Just wondering.