Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

I'm thinking about posting a thread on Cruise Critic, kind of a Roll Call. Maybe some UPSers out there that are looking for a cruise and would be interested in joining us. I figured I would tell about The Brown Cafe and place a link to our thread in Life after Brown. What do y'all think?

Ms.PacMan

I'm booked but the second half of my reservation is TBA.

Any other female need a roommate? If not my friend Mike is coming along and we will call Amy by Thursday. I'll pick a cabin also.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm thinking about posting a thread on Cruise Critic, kind of a Roll Call. Maybe some UPSers out there that are looking for a cruise and would be interested in joining us. I figured I would tell about The Brown Cafe and place a link to our thread in Life after Brown. What do y'all think?
I think it a great idea Trpl. Post away!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just got off the phone with Amy. Told her to keep your booking as is, like you said. She wanted to remind everyone that we have 7 days left for deposits.
Steve, In 2007 we booked a cruise throught the Panama Canal less than 2 months before the sailing date.

This cruise is over a year away, and the ship seems to be wide open as far as availability. Why do we only have 7 days left for deposits?

I hope that Amy will find a way to leave the window of opportunity open...

Well Hell, I went back, re-posted , disappeared again. I went to my E-mail to write them to see what was going on and had an e-mail from them. As it turns out you have to jump trough tens kinds of loops for them to allow you to advertise a cruise like ours on their message board. When I went to their "guidelines" page part of it reads like you have to actually book you cruise through them to post about it. So, we won't get any help from them. So if you will delete those two posts of mine, I would appreciate it.
They don't even have private messages.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well Hell, I went back, re-posted , disappeared again. I went to my E-mail to write them to see what was going on and had an e-mail from them. As it turns out you have to jump trough tens kinds of loops for them to allow you to advertise a cruise like ours on their message board. When I went to their "guidelines" page part of it reads like you have to actually book you cruise through them to post about it. So, we won't get any help from them. So if you will delete those two posts of mine, I would appreciate it.
They don't even have private messages.
WELL!!!!!!!!! How narrow minded of them! LOL They should take instruction from Cheryl.:wink2:

Ms.PacMan

Steve, In 2007 we booked a cruise throught the Panama Canal less than 2 months before the sailing date.

This cruise is over a year away, and the ship seems to be wide open as far as availability. Why do we only have 7 days left for deposits?

I hope that Amy will find a way to leave the window of opportunity open...

I think it's only 7 days left for the $50 initial deposit for at least 8 cabins to lock in the group rate - that's all.

Other people can still reserve the cruise later this year at the same rate but the initial deposit will be the customary $250pp.

Steve can call Amy and verify this tomorrow and post the answer.