Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I thought it was a little too early myself to go ahead and book over a year in advance. The only advantage I can see is that it will be easier to get a group of cabins close together. We booked about six months before on our last cruise and got one of the best locations on the ship.

We haven't booked yet, we are still looking at the specials that Carnival sends us all the time. I hope we can go, I will have no problem getting that week off. This cruise will be a blast, heres a couple of pictures of the Atrium that most of you will be next to. Ya'll are in an excellent location in regard to being able to get around the ship. This Artrium is about eight decks high. There are about four glass elevators and eight others next to them. These pictures are from the "Valor's" sister ship "Glory", which has the same layout.
IMG_0474.jpg
IMG_0692.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, In 2007 we booked a cruise throught the Panama Canal less than 2 months before the sailing date.

This cruise is over a year away, and the ship seems to be wide open as far as availability. Why do we only have 7 days left for deposits?

I hope that Amy will find a way to leave the window of opportunity open...

The $50 deposit holds your spot and the group rate, and the $250 deposit holds a specific cabin. After the 26th Carnival can use any of the remaining unbooked cabins. Amy held a bunch of good cabins for us, so I was just letting us know that some "specific" cabins may not be available after that date. That's straight from Amy's mouth. If anyone has any questions, Amy will be more than glad to help you.

over9five

Staff member
Some of us stugged people won't even know if we're going for months. I'm sure Amy will get us the best available rate whenever we decide to book.

If I was sure I was going, I'd send the $50 today!

If I understood it correctly, all deposits are refundable up to Jan 25th, 2010 without insurance. With the insurance refundable up to the sailing date with stipulations. Surely everyone interested will know by 01/25 if they can get the week off.
YES, if there is anything you don't understand, E-mail or call Amy. She has or can find out the answers. She's a very nice and accommodating person, would love to meet her.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If I understood it correctly, all deposits are refundable up to Jan 25th, 2010 without insurance. With the insurance refundable up to the sailing date with stipulations. Surely everyone interested will know by 01/25 if they can get the week off.
YES, if there is anything you don't understand, E-mail or call Amy. She has or can find out the answers. She's a very nice and accommodating person, would love to meet her.

Forgot to add that they may be joining us.:happy-very:

Big Babooba

Any other female need a roommate? If not my friend Mike is coming along and we will call Amy by Thursday. I'll pick a cabin also.
My wife took all of her stuff and half of my stuff. I'm afraid to check down there because "it" might be missing! Would that qualify me as female, or do I have to wear a dress too?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Just a thought here...... Does Carnival REALLY know what will happen when a bunch of UPS drivers get on board? Questions like, uh, how many SPRH can the Valor make? Or, maybe, how many 28' trls can you haul? Or coming into harbor, letting a Package car driver make the stop? Can you imange the fuss you would cause by coming into harbor at 28 knots, coming to a rapid stop, jumping off, seeing the sights, and leaving 2 minutes later? At full thottle? Or a Feeder driver backing the ship though a crowded harbor, using just a pair of mirrors?
We might not get another chance........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just a thought here...... Does Carnival REALLY know what will happen when a bunch of UPS drivers get on board?... Or coming into harbor, letting a Package car driver make the stop? ... Or a Feeder driver backing the ship though a crowded harbor, using just a pair of mirrors?
We might not get another chance........

I'm sure one of us could do better, these boats are only about a thousand feet long..........Here is the Carnival Glory approaching St Thomas and parallel parking after making a right side back into the dock between the Carnival Miracle and Triumph.... :happy2:
IMG_0505.jpg
IMG_0508.jpg
IMG_0510.jpg

Thanks for those pics guys. I'm ready to go, NOW!!!!!

LOL, I was reading on the carnival cruise line message board yesterday, seems Carnival has an upcoming, All Nude Cruise. The thread on there was hilarious, funny funny stuff.

Ms.PacMan

Thanks for those pics guys. I'm ready to go, NOW!!!!!

LOL, I was reading on the carnival cruise line message board yesterday, seems Carnival has an upcoming, All Nude Cruise. The thread on there was hilarious, funny funny stuff.

They discovered a large biker group and a women entrepreneur's group were on the same upcoming cruise. I thought that was pretty funny!

There was a tattoo and piercing convention onboard a ship during Spring Break one year and the parents were worried that all the kids would want tattoos and piercings when they got home.

over9five

Staff member

Just found my cruise, thanks Trplnkl. Sorry, won't be going with you guys!

Nude Cruise thread

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just found my cruise, thanks Trplnkl. Sorry, won't be going with you guys!

Nude Cruise thread

This is a hilarious thread, I just read 18 pages and ROFLMAO. I can't believe Carnival is leaving this thread on their Discussion Board.:funny:

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
This is a hilarious thread, I just read 18 pages and ROFLMAS. I can't believe Carnival is leaving this thread on their Discussion Board.:funny:

It is a good thread!

Scratch, aren't you glad we don't allow all that stuff in the signature? Makes their forum hard to read and very cluttered.