Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

over9five

Staff member
True a passport is a very good ID, acceptable universally.
Too much time at Carlos & Charlies or Senior Frogs Over ? LOL, I've read about people like you.

Ha!....well, ya actually......

but it's the non-cruiseline endorsed tours that could get you in trouble. The ship will wait for any of its own tours/outings that are late getting back. But if you book one yourself, and it's held up for some reason, the ship leaves without you!

That's when you need your passport to fly outta there (and hopefully meet the ship at the next port!)

We were in Jamaica once, and the ship waited over an hour for a late returning excursion.

And going out of New Orleans one time, the ship waited a couple hours because a plane was late.

Neither of these caused us to be late getting to the next port. I guess they can make up time cruising faster thru the night.

Ha!....well, ya actually......

but it's the non-cruiseline endorsed tours that could get you in trouble. The ship will wait for any of its own tours/outings that are late getting back. But if you book one yourself, and it's held up for some reason, the ship leaves without you!

That's when you need your passport to fly outta there (and hopefully meet the ship at the next port!)

We were in Jamaica once, and the ship waited over an hour for a late returning excursion.

And going out of New Orleans one time, the ship waited a couple hours because a plane was late.

Neither of these caused us to be late getting to the next port. I guess they can make up time cruising faster thru the night.
The difference on the tours is that when a tour is booked through the ship, they have communications with the ship, the others do not.
On one cruise/tour in Guatemala about half way through the bus tour the local truckers union blocked the only road the buses could take for a couple of hours. We were late by about an hour, 25 or so passengers, they waited on us, but the minute the door closed behind the last one on, the ship started moving.
I wonder how many cruisers were on that plane?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I bet that's going to be a hoot of time Cement. What itinerary and ship? Take lots of pictures to show us.

Royal Carribean has a new boat being launched in December called the Oasis of the Seas. It's all that and so much more.

Itinerary:

Saturday, March 20, 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida--05:00 PM
Sunday, March 21, 2010 Cruising----
Monday, March 22, 2010 Cruising----
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas07:00 AM-6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 Philipsburg, St. Maarten07:00 AM-5:00 PM
Thursday, March 25, 2010 Cruising----
Friday, March 26, 2010 Nassau, Bahamas01:00 PM-7:00 PM
Saturday, March 27, 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida07:00 AM--

Royal Carribean has a new boat being launched in December called the Oasis of the Seas. It's all that and so much more.

Itinerary:

Saturday, March 20, 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida--05:00 PM
Sunday, March 21, 2010 Cruising----
Monday, March 22, 2010 Cruising----
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas07:00 AM-6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 Philipsburg, St. Maarten07:00 AM-5:00 PM
Thursday, March 25, 2010 Cruising----
Friday, March 26, 2010 Nassau, Bahamas01:00 PM-7:00 PM
Saturday, March 27, 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida07:00 AM--
Looks to be a pretty good time. I have read some really nice things about the Oasis. Pretty swanky deal.

Cementups

Box Monkey
trp- I have a pdf file I can email you on the Oasis if you want it. I can email it to you. Just send me a PM with your email addy.

Cementups

Box Monkey
we may be able to do that Steve. We will probably fly down the day before anyway so that we are there and ready to et on the boat the next day. We will discuss it come closer to cruise time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
we may be able to do that Steve. We will probably fly down the day before anyway so that we are there and ready to et on the boat the next day. We will discuss it come closer to cruise time.

Hey Cement, are we meeting for drinks? Ft Lauderdale is a car ride away. We can take pictures.:happy2:
What a great idea. Steve, take pics of our ship if it is there! Oh and don't forget Cements!

DS

Fenderbender
dealin at the docks
cruising4.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Steve you may have just solved my dilemma on how to get from Lauderdale to the boat, Thanks.lol
Trp, We are going to stay in Lauderdale for a few days before the cruise. I think the port is just right around the corner. Or so I've been told. We are planning on going W or Th and Big is coming in on friend. You should came early to if you can. We can all get the same motel/hotel. That would be a blast if all of us got together before the cruise. Maybe S we could all do something for the day, go to the beach or something.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Trp, We are going to stay in Lauderdale for a few days before the cruise. I think the port is just right around the corner. Or so I've been told. We are planning on going W or Th and Big is coming in on friend. You should came early to if you can. We can all get the same motel/hotel. That would be a blast if all of us got together before the cruise. Maybe S we could all do something for the day, go to the beach or something.
I see that you're used to doing rural routes, but Miami is a wee bit more than just around the corner. I think it's approx. 30 miles from Ft Lauderdale, due south.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I see that you're used to doing rural routes, but Miami is a wee bit more than just around the corner. I think it's approx. 30 miles from Ft Lauderdale, due south.
Ya well to me that is right around the corner. LMAO It's not like you have to drive all day to get there. :wink2:

Right now I am planning to fly in on Saturday, either stay in Ft.L or in Miami that night. I don't know if my wife would be able to get any days off the week before. That's soooo far in the future it's hard to tell. With any luck I will be retired by then.