Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe you used the word 'fact', when it wasn't. You do that a lot.

Nope, you are imagining things again. I said there was a lawsuit because of allegations, not proven facts, The point of the lawsuit was to learn exactly what the facts were, since previously they could not be determined.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nope, you are imagining things again. I said there was a lawsuit because of allegations, not proven facts, The point of the lawsuit was to learn exactly what the facts were, since previously they could not be determined.
You are not a good dancer.

bbsam

Staff member
The White Side of the Story of Negroes

Finally...It is Said Publicly. I have never seen the white side explained better!
Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it. It is about time!!BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
By Patrick J. Buchanan
Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances,
and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. Jeremiah Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks. We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena . And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago. This needs to be passed around because, this is a message everyone needs to hear!OK, will you pass it on? I did but will you? Because I'm for a better AmericaI amNot racist, Not violent, Just not silent anymore.

...and Bill the Cat replied in kind, "Aaaaaaaacccccccckkkkk!!!!"

BrownArmy

The White Side of the Story of Negroes

Finally...It is Said Publicly. I have never seen the white side explained better!
Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it. It is about time!!BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
By Patrick J. Buchanan...

Talk about a 'white-wash' of history.

Please, try again.

That's one of the most ignorant pieces of drivel my eyes have ever been subjected to.

There might be one or two good points in there, otherwise it's:

JUST. PLAIN. IGNORANT.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Pat Buchanon is an idiot.

You dont enslave and dehumanize and commit systematic, government-sanctioned opression of an entire race for two and a half centuries only to snap your fingers and expect that race to overcome the effects of that dehumanization in a generation or two just because you change the laws and throw a bunch of welfare checks at them.

MAKAVELI

Another trigger happy cop. Luckily this didn't end in tragedy.

Jones said that his concern in the case is the disregard that Martinelli showed his sons by approaching them without asking questions, and instead treating them as a threat. The video does not show the initial interaction between the officer and the two children.

"Why not ask them what they're doing? Are they OK?" he said.

The incident has left his sons afraid of police, as Jones and both his sons all were thinking the same thing: the officer was going to shoot them.

"It can affect them and how they view police for the rest of their lives," he said. "That can be detrimental... when they have to deal with police officers in the future."

In filing the complaint on Sunday, Jones said he learned that the officer had already run the plates on his truck and identified it as being owned by an Oakland firefighter -- making his explanation for being at the fire station all the more plausible.

"I felt he should not be an officer out on the streets of Oakland. Or if he is, he needs more training," Jones said.

Firefighters are "trained to handle stressful situations. Oakland officers should be the same," he added.

Jones, who is black, also said that he believes there is a racial motivation for the way Martinelli approached him and his children.

"I think if we're in Piedmont, Danville, Pleasanton, I know this officer wouldn't have treated a 9- or 12-year-old that way," he said. "I think they have a lot of young officers that don't really connect with the makeup of Oakland."

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Pat Buchanon is an idiot.

You dont enslave and dehumanize and commit systematic, government-sanctioned opression of an entire race for two and a half centuries only to snap your fingers and expect that race to overcome the effects of that dehumanization in a generation or two just because you change the laws and throw a bunch of welfare checks at them.
Sober, I think you are not looking at the whole picture.
Yes, Americans did enslave them, or at least bought them as slave and transported them to the U.S.
But, they are not slave today by their own actions. Over 360,000 union soldiers died to give them freedom. An All-White congress (mostly Republicans) voted to end their slavery. How many major slave revolts do you remember. I can name only one.
Can you show me 1 country on earth where they have as many black millionaires as the U.S.?
And if you are going to blame the U.S. for enslaving them, remember, not 1 person alive today in the U.S. enslaved anybody, and not 1 person alive today was a slave. Slavery ended in 1865.
I know in the south, (mostly democrats)they made life miserable for blacks for another 100 years.
But the rest of what Pat B. says is right on.
Calling Pat B. an idiot in your first sentence was not right.
If you didn't agree with the story, fine. Pick it apart piece by piece if you can. But I didn't see you say one thing about the story that wasn't true. Your problem seemed to be with some of what he left out.
And if you want to see who agrees with you on this, just check out your ratings at the bottom of your post. Not you usual company.

oldngray

nowhere special
Two more witnesses who say Michael Brown had his hands up when he was shot. Neither is from Ferguson, neither knew the Brown family.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-witnesses/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

That report from CNN is fishy. Why did those "witnesses" wait so long to come forward, and why did they go to CNN instead of the police investigators? They may or may not be credible witnesses but their testimony will need to be compared with physical evidence before any judgement of its reliability can be made.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That report from CNN is fishy. Why did those "witnesses" wait so long to come forward, and why did they go to CNN instead of the police investigators? They may or may not be credible witnesses but their testimony will need to be compared with physical evidence before any judgement of its reliability can be made.
What's fishy about it? There is video of them reacting to the shooting in real time. The guy throws his hands up and says "he had his friend*n hands up".
They did go to police investigators, and they have been added to the list of witnesses who all say he had his hands in the air surrendering.

oldngray

nowhere special
What's fishy about it? There is video of them reacting to the shooting in real time. The guy throws his hands up and says "he had his friend*n hands up".
They did go to police investigators, and they have been added to the list of witnesses who all say he had his hands in the air surrendering.

There is a video supposedly taken soon after the shooting but NOT during the shooting. As such even if the video is genuine it does little to change things. The CNN connection casts doubt on the credibility because they have already in the past distorted details to generate ratings.

oldngray

nowhere special
Vague much? Wanna back that up?

No because there have been reports of several witnesses who supported Wilson's story but since the investigation is still ongoing those names have not been released to the public. The investigation will probably take another month so everyone needs to wait until then before jumping to conclusions.